105. kryptonian disease

Start from the beginning

"10/13/04. The day I met Jim and Harvey. Don't tell them, though."

"I won't. That's really nice. Where are you getting it?"

"My arm." I look at my left forearm.

"You need a ride?"

"No. I have my car. Besides, I'm eighteen now. I don't need anyone's signature anymore."

"You should really eat before you go."

"You just said that like I have anorexia." I turn to face him.

"No, I didn't, I—I just haven't seen you in the dining hall lately is all. And I know you have a lot of work from your classes, so, I just wanna make sure you're on track."

"Appreciate the concern, but I don't need a bodyguard."

"Maybe you do." Clark tells me.

"I can feed myself." I assure.

"I wasn't talking about that."

"Then what are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about."

"No, I don't. But I'll make sure to think about it on the way. I'm running late." I leave my dorm and walk down the hallway with a tight chest.

                     •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Well, thanks, Lois. You know, there's nothing more valuable than the savvy political advice of a muffin-peddling college dropout. Speaking of, do you have banana/blueberry today?" I hear Lex as I make my way over.

"No. That's on the weekends." I nod. "You have a problem with my service or who I chose to give said service, you talk to me or Arielle. That's what professionals do. You don't need to be bagging millions in order to do basic home ec skills. And you may own a lot of establishes, but not this one. So either you order something else to go or you do." I go into my hoodie pocket. "Get out." I show a copy of my badge to the camera men and they quickly clear out. I place the copy of my badge back into my hoodie pocket and walk behind the counter. "You okay? You wanna go home, by all means."

"You kidding? Everyone here is so cool. Even Johnny and Ed." Lois waves to the pair who are standing on each sides of the doors and they return the action.

"Yeah, they are pretty cool." I wave at them and they wave back before pushing Lex and his camera men out.

"So, what's up?"

"Just checking in. Miles told me about Kent's mom. I'm on my way to visit at the hospital. Thought I get some food for them before I go."

"Well, lucky for you, I just had a feeling that Amazing Agent Brady would be stopping by, so I had this tucked away." She pulls a bag out from under the counter and I take it. "Don't worry, I didn't cook it, Arielle did. I just told her what to make you."

"Thanks." I scoff. "And don't worry, you'll learn. I'll teach you if you want."

"How could I ever be more honored?"

"We'll start with a pie when I get back." I chuckle before turning.

       •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Jon?" I enter the hospital before pulling my hood off my head.

"Brianna." Jonathan pulls me into him before placing his hand on the back of my head. "You okay?" He whispers.