Chapter 39-Welcome back

Louis heard the car coming closer. Nevertheless, he kept his eyes closed, but opened them when the car stopped .
Oh my, what was this going to be when it was done? Harry even let Louis slide off his back now. He tried to keep as close to him as possible.

Louis was irritated when the driver rolled down the window and called to Harry, "Well?"
"Perfect." spoke Harry, who had changed in a split second. He looked proud. Of whatever.
The others transformed as well, leaving Ed to carry his weird bag in his hands now. The guy from the driver's seat got out, went to Harry who gave him a companionable hug.
Then he went to Zayn, Liam and Ed, who also growled once when the guy finally turned to Niall.

Harry seemed to care little, as he pulled Louis with him to the passenger seat and sat down only to then direct Louis to the footwell.
"Sit there sweety. You did very well just now. You're going to get a little surprise for it today," Harry said sympathetically. Oh cool. Harry was proud of Louis. That was something new and surprises were always good.

So Louis rejoiced in the footwell. But that didn't last the entire four-hour drive. No matter how much he feverishly awaited the surprise. He was tired. Niall lay draped across the three Betas present in the back seat, probably falling asleep just as quickly as Louis.

The opening of the car doors woke Louis from his slumber. They were in the barn where the pack's cars were parked.
Harry got out and just picked him up. Louis didn't really know why. Until he realized he was a little dizzy. He hadn't been in a car in years and now he couldn't even see out of it.

"It'll go away in a minute," Harry just grumbled. As he stepped out of the barn with Louis and the others behind him, the whole pack poured in on them.

Now Louis was glad to be able to stick to Harry. He had contact with so few members of the pack that everyone else was almost a stranger to him. But he made an unwilling sound when he saw the two long thin women. Kendall and Taylor.
Louis knew that he hadn't cared about them before, and had been quite happy to let Harry get on their nerves for a few days with his moods, rather than his own.

But since a few weeks he saw it differently and didn't even know why. Well, it had always been annoying that Harry had a subterranean mood when he showed up then again. But that wasn't really Louis' problem anymore. If Harry always acted as if Louis was especially important, he should stay with him and not go to the stupid Trullas.

So when they came closer, Louis tried to turn Harry's head the other way so he wouldn't see them. Of course, that didn't work at all. How could it? They could talk on the phone in his head, and Harry had probably smelled them long ago.
"What's going on?", Harry asked with a big grin.
"Tell them to go away," Louis grumbled, giving Harry's mood a boost.
"Put me down. I don't want them near me.", He then demanded and proudly Harry let him go to Liam.

He took Louis back to Harry's house.
"I'm going for a bath.", he decided and Liam grinned when Louis nevertheless went first briefly to the pillow room to see if nothing had happened to Mr. Carrot either.
But he was still lying exactly where Louis had left him. Louis stroked his cuddly toy once lovingly, looked around briefly to see if Liam was looking and then kissed the nose of the stuffed bunny, just very briefly.

He then went into the bathroom and turned the water on full. In addition, he hung a towel over the heater. After such a long time without a shower and then still pissed on, he needed wellness. Shampoo and Co. were not available. So he wanted to dry himself at least with a much too large, fluffy and warm bath towel.

He was just sitting in the tub when Harry came in and just sat down with him. He actually wanted to sit behind Louis, but he immediately turned to him with wide eyes.
"What is it?"
"Surprise?"
"Doorpost? Puppy, one word is not a question.
Speak sense."
Louis sighed in annoyance.
"You said I was sweet and I was getting an surprise."
"Yeah, I did say that," Harry grinned.
"Oh, man. When?", Louis asked, only wanting to growl once too to make his point.

"Tonight we're celebrating. The whole pack and you can come too," Harry said.
Louis got big eyes. He had wanted to come so many times and had never been allowed. Finally.

"There are rules," Harry explained after all.
"Of course," Louis sighed resignedly.

"You're not going with anyone. Except for me, Liam, Zayn or Ed. You don't move away from us much either. Anything outside the park is off limits to you. If you get tired, you let us know and you behave and you listen. You got that?"
"Yep.
"Pu-
"Yes, of course. I understand," Louis spoke quickly.
"Seriously: this yep is upsetting me.", Growled Harry and pulled Louis on top of him as he lay down. So Louis was now lying on Harry's stomach.

"You too.", Louis mumbled and laid his head on Harry's chest.
Immediately Harry calmed down and actually missed to reprimand Louis for his impudence. Instead, he cuddled his neck and enjoyed the inner peace, which had been given to him again only for a few minutes.

"How do you actually prepare for parties?" Louis asked a moment later.
"Hu?"
"Mom always said you get dressed up for parties. But here, everyone's always naked. What do you guys have to do beforehand?"
"Uh.
"That's funny.", Louis giggled and his face was now hanging right in front of Harry's.
"What?"
"If the answer is uh. Because that's the same thing only the other way around."

"''Yop."
"You said it yourself!" triumphantly Louis.
"I can't think of anything else to say to you
more "
"Yes, but that's how I always feel."

Louis didn't know behind whether getting spanked was really part of the party preparation. Well, Harry's goofy expression had somehow been worth it anyway.