Chapter 37-Simply gone

Louis was still tired and since Ed now belonged to their pack and nobody had a reason to growl he wanted to sleep.

"Do you still have to go?" he asked Harry, rubbing his eyes."No. Not for a while. Why?""I want to sleep.""Then come here.", Harry growled and draped Louis on top of him. That way Louis could hear his heart and he himself could get some rest.

Briefly, Liam and Zayn growled around. They did that often when they disagreed about something.Louis sighed heavily."Ni?", Louis asked.He came to them immediately and snuggled up to Harry's one side so that Louis had him right in front of him. Harry looked irritated for a moment and then sighed once. Obviously Niall didn't care at all who he snuggled up to so he could be close to Louis.

"You okay, Lou?" whispered Niall."I wish they'd let it go," Louis muttered sadly."I'm sure they'll let it go eventually.""Ni?""Huh?""I think we need to sort this out.""Uh...""Will you help me?""Sure. We can figure something out.""Will you always stay with me Ni?""Yes. I'm not leaving Lou."

Well of course. The next day Niall was suddenly gone. Gone. He had not come back from dinner. Zayn should have been careful. Niall had sat next to him and was then suddenly gone.Nice crap.Louis howled all over Liam's ears."Where is Ni?", he asked for the thousandth time.Yet he had only been gone for 20 minutes."I know just as little as two and a half seconds ago." Liam almost growled.Why did he have to stay here and let Louis talk his ears bloody? Zayn had screwed up. He should do this himself. Even as he thought this, Liam felt guilty. Emotional matters were always his responsibility. That's why he was here and why Zayn was searching with Ed and Harry. But Louis in worry was really a tough act to follow.

"Why don't you call him in your head?" Demanded Louis in tears."Louis, like just now: we tried that several times. But Niall didn't concentrate enough, so he didn't get it.". Groaned Liam."Then make a phone call-""Lou, you make phone calls with devices. In your head, you link to others. Over the mindlink. No phone. So we don't make phone calls," Liam interrupted Louis.

He had a momentary gasp, but then regained his composure."'It doesn't matter! Where's-""Please, don't ask again," Liam pleaded."You guys have such great noses. Go! Run! Search! Search!""Do I look like a dog?!" Asked Liamindignantly."Isn't dog the evolved form of wolf? I know why, too. They find people.".Louis continued while crying.Liam took a very very deep breath before heslowly, very slowly answered: "We arewerewolves. Not normal wolves. We're -""Still. There were monkeys before people and wolves before dogs. Now go find Niall!" roared Louis.

Liam growled loudly."Enough!". He hissed at Louis. He turned around and was now crying into a pillow. Liam was being silly."Lou, I'm sorry. But this has gone too far.""Where's Niall?""Heavens, I don't know, do I?" wailed Liam, almost as much as Louis only without tears.

"How could he disappear?", Louis asked next. Not for the first time either, of course."He kind of disappeared at dinner.""Ni never disappears at dinner.""He did today.""That's sooo stupid!". Louis cried again.

"They got him," Liam gave the all-clear after ten more minutes of Louis grief."Where was he?" Louis asked, sniffling as he hugged Liam in relief."Zayn didn't say.""So you guys are talking to each other? Not thinking?""Louis seriously. Enough.". Growled Liam.

A moment later, the other four emerged and looked irritatedly at a sour Liam and a distraught Louis."What's going on?""I'm going out there. Ask him.", Liam snorted and both Harry and Zayn gawked at him like a wonder. What had happened to him.