Chapter 3-A conversation about the future

"Not until he's 18." Said the tall man.

"Why not right now?" asked a man crouched next to Liam.

"He's too small. His body won't develop any further after the bite." Said the man slowly in his deep voice.

"But he could give you offspring before winter," said the woman.

"Oh, and where is should he carry the puppies in his body? How is he supposed to give birth to my offspring?! Did I ask for opinions in any way?!" the man growled.

Louis trembled under his blanket.

He wanted to go home. Even if he got in trouble for not cleaning up. He just wanted to go back to Mum and Dad and Lotti and Fizzy and Phoebe and Daisy.

After all, everyone else was intimidated and didn't ask the big man any more. Louis was only reassured that they were obviously not talking about him. Because that wouldn't make any sense.

"Where is he supposed to go for so long?" Liam asked now.

"He stays with me. I will raise him to be my partner."

"But he's human," interjected the woman.

"I don't care. He's an omega. The bite will awaken his genes. By then he'll learn everything he needs to know."

"Human beings are different from us." Came from the woman again.

"I don't care. He'll grow up here and learn to live like this. He's mine."

"Harry darling, how-"

"No mum. There's nothing to argue about. He's mine and I decide. He'll live here in my house. I only allow Liam and Zayn access to him. If I ever see anyone else around him, I happily rip their throats out. Understood?!" the man snapped.

Louis covered his mouth with both hands to keep from screaming. Where was he here?

"What's up Puppy?" the deep voice asked and a hand nudged Louis' side.

"I have to. I have to pee..." Louis stammered scared.

The man motioned for him to go.

So, Louis wrapped the blanket around his abdomen and stumbled out of the mattress room with Mr. Carrot.

He hopped a bit onto the toilet because he was really small for his age and couldn't think of anything else. Likewise, he always had to hold on to the toilet seat so as not to slip in. But everything was fine. He had also passed the school entrance examination last year. He wasn't puny.

After Louis finishes his business and washing his hands, he just wanted to go home. They were busy, weren't they? The car had driven quite a long time. But he would only have to let someone know that he had to go to Doncaster. Then he would arrive, Louis thought to himself and stepped out of the bathroom and down the hall. Really weird everything without doors.

Louis approached the gigantic door as quietly as possible. He was just reaching out for the handle when suddenly someone grabbed his neck.

"Where are you going, Puppy?" the tall man asked sharply.

"I-I-I-I wanna go back home ... I wanna go to my Mum." Louis said and didn't want his voice to tremble so dumbly.

"Here's your home." The man spoke completely calmly and picked up Louis to carry him into a kitchen. On the way, Louis saw that a glass side of the living room was open, and everyone seemed to have left. The kitchen looked almost like a normal kitchen. But everything seemed so... Tidy with wide paths to walk on.

The tall man planted Louis on the counter and pushed him all the way back against the wall.

"Be careful that you don't fall off.", he grumbled and briefly stroked Louis' cheek.

Louis was still crying. Or again?

"You will live here. By my side. Forever. Your parents will stop looking for you soon. I am grateful to them for you." Said the man and Louis had no idea what his counterpart wanted to say to him.

"B-But I have to go to school and my Mum...", Louis sniffed and just wanted to go home. Why did he just follow the man?

"No, you don't have to go to school. You'll learn everything you need to know here. Homesickness is okay, Puppy. But never try to run away. Do you understand?" the man asked urgently.

Louis just nodded. He was afraid of the man. He had threatened one. He might kill Louis if he ran away.

"Alpha? Zayn said you had something for us do?" Suddenly two guys came up to them.

"Yes. That's right. Drive to Doncaster and make sure nobody's looking for my little one anymore," said the Big Man, putting pots on the stove.

"Did you..." asked one.

"His clothes and backpack are in the bag by the front door. He's keeping the stuffed animal."

"Okay. That's fine." Said one and both guys disappeared.

"W-w-w-w-what does that mean?" Louis asked anxiously and was infinitely glad that Mr. Carrot would stay with him.

"That means your parents will understand that you live somewhere else now and you're fine and they don't need to look for you." The big man said and put a casserole in the oven.

"W-w-what's your name?" Louis asked.

"Harry. Harry Styles. I'm the Alpha here," the tall man spoke, looking at Louis.

Louis had no idea what an alpha was. But he suspected it must be another word for chief or leader. Because everyone else obviously subordinated themselves to him.

"W-w-w-w-what do you want from me?" Louis asked anxiously, adding, "I'm nothing special. We don't have a lot of money to extort. I... I want to go back to my mum, please."

"Don't worry. Your homesickness will pass. You will live here with us. You will be fine with me. I want you here because you are constantly pumping Omega blood through your small body. You are absolutely special. You are the best choice. So, I chose you. Don't worry. You don't have to understand that yet. We have time." Harry said and set the table for one person.

"I-I-I'm... I'm... hungry too..." Louis mumbled ashamed.

"Don't worry. This is for you. I'll eat later," Harry explained, placing two more glasses and water from the tap on the table.

Louis was afraid. What did this Harry want from him?