Chapter 27-Winter

The approaching winter brought new problems. It got cold. Definitely too cold for Louis. As soon as he walked out, his skin turned blue.

On the next full moons, Harry would do the weirdest things to his house. Sometimes he brought moss and leaves, then sticks and branches again. Or even dead animals. Louis was glad it didn't happen that often. Or at least Louis didn't notice. Once Louis woke up and found a backpack and three pairs of shoes. Where did Harry get it from and what did he want with it?

Louis usually fell asleep at some point and the next day Harry was either already finished or just cleaning up the last traces of his nightly activity. Louis thought he was excused because Harry was always very busy on full moon days.

Harry also tried several times to take Louis into the forest. In the cave he always looked at him in a requesting way. If Louis then only looked questioningly, he squeaked painfully.

Louis didn't know what Harry wanted from him then and Harry didn't talk about it. Accordingly, Louis would probably only find out when he was older.

In the meantime, Louis had the suspicion that Harry thought he was a bird on a full moon and Louis an egg and that's why he wanted to build a nest, but then realised that he wasn't a bird and that he was just too stupid to build a nest all the junk just lay there. But that theory didn't really make sense, even in his own eyes.

Louis opened his eyes and hugged Harry a little tighter. How long was he here? He was out last evening. Louis had learned to appreciate the warmth of the other body and actually liked being able to have a lot of physical contact. Harry in particular was a damn good heater because he was so tall. In addition, he was always very cuddly. Dominant, growling and annoying, but cuddly.

Louis has had a bad cold since the last full moon. His throat hurt and he coughed and sniffed. He also smelled like sick, according to Harry. well thank you.

So Louis crawled a little closer to Harry and pulled an arm and a leg from it over his body.

Wolves seemed to have an aversion to body coverings of any kind. Louis could wrap himself up like a burrito in the evenings and he would always lie naked against Harry in the mornings. So he had started just covering himself up with Harry.

So Louis fell asleep again, despite a stuffy nose and scratchy throat.

When Louis woke up again, Harry was lying half on top of him as a wolf. Full moon was just. So what was that supposed to mean now? Louis was way too hot. So he tried to wriggle out of the fur. A growl stopped him very effectively.

"I'm too hot." Louis murmured, feeling but cold at the same time.

The giant wolf licked his forehead. Great. Thanks.

Shortly thereafter, Louis fell back into a fitful sleep.

When he woke up again, Harry, this time in human form of course, handed him some tea.

"Throat hurts." Louis croaked.

"Yes, that's why the tea." Harry said impatiently. Louis sat up a bit and got straight away Headache.

"Head hurts too," he better informed Harry.

"Yes." He just growled.

"Need medicine." Louis decided, since Harry obviously didn't think of giving him anything himself.

"No. Pumping your body full of stuff doesn't make it fight stuff like that itself. First, there's tea," Harry decided. Louis didn't disagree. For discussions did his throat hurt too much.