Chapter 23-Storm

Louis' life changed drastically with Harry's outburst.

He didn't have to see Maggy anymore, what an absolute blessing was for him. He only got the milk from the cup. When Harry was gone, he just took one of the two with him. Liam or Zayn. So could louis stay with each other what Louis thought was great.

Liam and Zayn were both cool. Even if they were weird with each other and most of the time, even when both were there, only one of them spent time with Louis. Louis didn't know what the problem was, but assumed it was some adult thing.

They let Niall to him almost without restrictions and otherwise gave him little regulations. They didn't drool on him unless he was sticking his sticky fingers out at them in wolf form, or he was dirty. But that was okay. They were like cool big brothers.

Well, they became one as soon as Louis shed his shyness towards their wolf forms. That took quite a while. After all, Liam had chased him through the woods once and Zayn just looked dangerous. In addition, although they were smaller than Harry, they were still huge as betas. So at first they could only change if the other stayed in human form and Louis kept saying that everything was okay.

But he could now ride them quite well. Though both had almost gone by the time they caught Harry as a mount.

Harry had growled at first, but eventually he had to realize that being seen didn't do him any harm. So he tried to bear it with composure. The fact that Louis then also said that he was the most comfortable was almost too much for the proud alpha. But Louis meant well.

It was autumn. Louis had always liked autumn. Walking through leaves, taking a warm bath in the evening, eating baked apples and cuddling on the sofa. That had been autumn for him. So far. Because now it meant that the wolves were wet when they came in. Well, no matter how Louis smelled, he couldn't, in his humble opinion, stink more than the others. It was gross. In addition, hair was stuck everywhere. They even wet the pillows in the pillow room.

For Louis himself, on the other hand, it was simply too cold outside without clothes. Because of the wetness, you could practically watch him catch a cold. But he enjoyed playing in the pillow room, because the trees outside changed color and when the light shone on the orange and red leaves, he felt like he was in a fairy tale.

Today, however, the sun would hardly be able to fight its way through the dense dark clouds. It was one of the first autumn storms. Louis wasn't too afraid of the weather. When you lived with so many beasts, the weather phenomena couldn't really bother you anymore. He just hoped a tree didn't crash on the house. The panoramic windows gave him the best view of the storm.

Harry was somewhere else. But that was good too. It was full moon. Obviously, it didn't matter whether the moon was visible in the sky or, like today, was covered by thick thunderclouds. Louis noticed it first thing this morning. Not because he was super sensitive, but because Harry was in that weird mood again. All Louis had to do was put one and one together.

Harry didn't seem to know where to go on a full moon. He wanted to be very close to Louis and in the next moment very far away. Although he always had to tear himself away. Extremely impractical, such ambivalent behavior thought Louis. Especially when you're leading a pack.

"Puppy?" Harry asked now, presumably standing around the front door.

"Yes? I'm in the pillow room." Louis called out. Fun. Where else would he be?

"Get right up against the wall." Harry yelled.

Oh, heaven no, what was he up to now?

Louis took all things in and hid in the back corner.

OK, that was something new. Harry brought piles of sheepskins which he now draped over the pillows. At least things were clean and brushed and didn't look as if they had just sat on a sheep.

Harry had brought enough to line the whole room. Poor sheep but happy Louis. Now the room was a bit like a cloud. That was such a huge improvement on Beetle Moss.

"Well, do you like it, Puppy?" Harry asked, spreading his arms wide, grinning widely. Louis happily hopped in. With Harry you had to use it when he was in such a mood.

"Yeah, it's snuggly," Louis said, fingering the sheepskin on Harry's lap. Harry tensed briefly at the physical contact and Louis felt like he could watch him force himself to stay calm. Heaven that was like a yo-yo.

In the next moment, Louis startled a little because lightning flashed across the sky.

"It's going to be like this for the next few days." Harry said and looked out as well.

"How do you know that? There is no radio, no television and no newspaper here."

"My instinct tells me how the weather will be. That is something that only humans with all their little helpers continue to lose." Spoken Harry just bored.

"But the kitchen looks just-human." Louis retorted defiantly.

"Yes. Because it's pleasant for our human side. But the permanent soundtrack with noises, that everything has to be colorful and mobile and the means of transport and stuff like that, we are uncomfortable even in human form." Harry said and stroked Louis' Hair, like he now through the sheepskin again.

"Because you guys don't know?" Louis asked a moment later.

"Probably. But we don't want to get to know it either. It's a fine line between everyday helpers and addicts. Believe me: hearing the rustling of the trees and the chirping of the birds is a privilege." Harry grumbled, smelling even in human form on Louis' neck for a while.

"Li?" Louis asked a few hours later. Harry had barricaded access to and so Louis just sat in the room and had to talk to Liam through the glass of the window.

"Lou... Um... Well Harry unfortunately smelled that the sleep medicine was in the milk and that's why you'll probably be awake this time... Um... I'm sorry..." Liam stammered. You could clearly see how uncomfortable he felt.

"Is okay." Said Louis good-naturedly.

"Hope you feel the same way tonight..." Liam murmured before quickly scooting off as Harry was approaching.

Hurray! He had pancakes with him. Today would definitely be another great day, Louis thought happily.