098. fortress of solitude

Começar do início

"Room 301. Miss, you don't look so good yourself." The nurse tells me.

"I'm fine, thanks." I pant before running towards room 301. "Martha! Jon!" I now enter.

"Brianna." Martha gasps.

"Oh, my God!" Miles jumps into my arms and Lois joins in, making me wince. "Oh, my God, B." He squeezes me.

"Thank God. Agent Brady." Lois whispers before we pull away. "Hey, woah, woah, what happened?"

"I'm fine." I assure.

"Was it from Gotham?" Jonathan walks over and cups both sides of my face.

"I'm fine, really." I nod before Miles hugs me again. "I got a call from my mom. She said you guys were here. Martha, you okay?" I walk over and bend down to hug her.

"I'm fine." Martha hugs me back.

"Who did this?"

"Brianna-"

"Martha, tell me who it was."

"Jason." She tells me. "He, uh...he just went off the deep end." She gives me a knowing look.

He knows about Clark.

"Where is he?" I clench my jaw.

"Brianna, you're not—" Jonathan cuts himself off as I exit the room.

"B!" Miles shouts.

Suddenly, there's an explosion and the windows are blown out. I wave my arm out in front of Jonathan, Miles and Lois before taking out my gun.

"Where is Kal-El?" A man walks towards us.

"Who are you?" Jonathan asks.

"You know where he is." The girl inquires.

"I'm sorry, lady. I don't know who you're talking about." He replies and she picks him up by the neck, choking him.

"Let him go!" I raise my gun at her and she studies me before flinging Jonathan down the hall. "Lois, Miles, go. Go!" I keep my glare on the girl and they run to Jonathan.

"You know where Kal-El is." The girl nods.

"Yeah, I know where Kal-El is." I nod back. "He's hiding out at the Luthor mansion. I can take you to him. And don't even think about touching me. It won't end well for you." I lower my gun and walk with her towards the elevator.

                   •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Kal-El's in there." I cover my face with my bandana and then fix my hood over my head as I follow behind her. I watch the Kryptonians walk to the meteor rock-filled safe and are now weakened.

"It's a trick! Get the door! Seal it!" The girl orders and the guy runs to the safe door, which is across the room, and seals it.

"Lying is their way." The guy inquires.

"Not for long." She lunges at me, but I duck, now somersaulting under her.

I now pick up a meteor rock that had fallen out from the vault and she gasps before standing back. I get closer to her before I feel my arm twitch. The rock now glows out and I wince before it falls out of my hand.

"What are you?"

"I heard you are looking for me." Clark enters and we lock eyes. "I'm Kal-El." He keeps his eyes on me.