Part 40

Not only was I confused in all this, but I was also upset that she left out that important detail of knowing your boyfriends father. Honestly, how do you not inform your child of this? It would have been perfectly fine if she had told me before, but to wait until after we went through all that trouble of hiding our relationship.

"It's complicated baby," She says making me stand up and shake my head.

"You knew about Alex, before he even laid eyes on me Don't you think that is something you should have told me?" I said with frustration clear in my voice. I looked at my mother who looked upset as well now, even though I should be the only one upset right now.

"His father asked me not to say anything," She said making me freeze in my spot.

"What?" I say more confused than I was a minute ago.

"I spent every day with him, from the moment he stepped into that hospital room. I talked about you and Morgan to him, because I thought that he wasn't able to hear anything around him while in that coma. He woke up a month ago, just before everything happened. He asked me not to tell Alex or anyone he was awake, but to make sure Alex met you. He told me about how he was listening to me talk so highly of you and all you have accomplished, he was hoping that some of that would rub off on Alex. I didn't want to say no to someone who almost lost his life, so I let fate take control. Morgan told me about how you ran into the new kid several times that first week and I knew we had to get you two together. Your dad of course wasn't any part of this as you could tell, he was clueless and did his normal dad stuff," she begins making me sit down and listen.

"Why me? Why does his dad want me to be with him?" I asked confused.

"He didn't know you would end up dating, he just wanted him to have someone like you as a friend and in his life. He listens to Alex when he came in all those months and talked about his step dad and sisters. He just wanted Alex to have someone to be carefree and worry free with. Look, he found it, you make him happy," she says making me upset.

"Does Alex know about all this?" I asked looking at her again.

"No, and his father wants to keep it that way. Please Faith, what does it matter, you two are happy," she says with a smile. Only thing, I refused to smile at the moment. I was still letting all that information settle in my mind, it was just mind blowing that this was going on and we didn't even notice it.

"What else are you hiding from us?" dad says standing by the doorway. We must have been deep into this talk not to have noticed him standing there. I look at my mom who just looked calm as ever.

"Please Sam, you have secrets as well. Don't act like this was a big deal, I was simply protecting our daughter," she says as I awkwardly sit in the middle of the two.

"Protecting her? You let her just randomly get to know a guy you didn't even know. How in any way is that protecting her?" my dad says in a rather firm tone.

"I knew him," mom claims as my dad shakes his head.

"You heard of him, you never met him or even talked to him until Faith brought him to the house. Things like this is what gets people hurt," my dad begins with his normal protection talk.

"Please, does that boy look like he could ever harm a hair on her head ?" mom shouts out making me smile a little, because she was right. Alex would never do anything to hurt me, he protects me.

"Do you honestly think people can't change?" dad snaps back.

"Alright! Clearly you both are tired and snappy. Can we not do this please," I beg them. They both look at me and you can physically see them both relax. I watch as my dad sits besides my mother and kisses her head.

"Did you find anything yet?" mom asked as we sit there and enjoy this family time, minus Morgan who was at Landons.

"No, we have come up with nothing. Not even a small clue as to who is doing this. It hasn't happened again, but I don't want to take any chances," dad says making mom sigh.

"Well Maybe Lucas was right, what if Lisa is up to something?" I say making my mom look at me then my dad.

"Lisa?" she says making my dad look at her then me.

"Cole told me about your run in with her today. Lisa is unstable enough to do that, but she wouldn't risk letting Lucas get hurt. Even though she is a bad mom and picked drugs over him, she wouldn't intentionally hurt him or Cole," he says making me relax a little.

"So we are at a dead end?" mom says making dad nod.

"Basically, but TJ and Josh are close to figuring something out, they just won't tell us what," dad says making me groan. Leave it to my uncles to hold back information until they actually know for sure.

"Faith?" a nurse says from the doorway. I look at see it is a nurse from the children section of the hospital. Right away my heart sank.

"Yes?" I say standing up. She smiles at me before she speaks again.

"Jase is asking for you, he refuses to eat his dinner until he sees you," she says a little amused. I smile a little as my worries clear my mind.

"I'll see you tomorrow after my game mom," I say kissing her on the head before following the nurse to Jase's room. I smile when I see another nurse attempting to make him eat, but he is sitting there with his little arms crossed and shaking his head.

"Jase, you know it's not nice to refuse food," I tease him making him smile. He stands up on the bed and jumps into my arms.

"Jase, you are going to pull your wires right out if you keep doing that!" the nurse says as she untangles them before I sit down with Jase in my lap.

"Well take them off me then," he says making her frown.

"You need to keep them on Jase," she says looking at me for help. I nod to her to go, I knew how to handle him.

"Jase, the nurse tells me you won't eat?" I say making him frown.

"I'm sick of this gross same food everyday," he complains making me sad. I get an idea and smile at him, might as well make sure he gets some good food in his system.