Chapter 14: The maidens of the esteemed Quagmire Inn

Start from the beginning

[Now then let us stop the heavy atmosphere! I am hungry!] (Nene) She said before going inside. 

The man and woman then gave me an apologetic smile...I guess she was impatience because she missed home food.

[Ah, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Marie, their mother and the owner of this inn. Nice to meet you] (Marie) Areh? What a bright smile nee.....it's blinding....too blinding?!

[I'm her husband and their father. My name is Matthew, nice to meet you, lad!] (Matthew) Their father slapped my shoulder strongly....strongly. A bright smile arched on his face, but it was somehow covered by the almighty lumberjack beard he has on his face. However I knew the expression clearly because I have a lot of people I knew who have exquisite beards like him.

[I am Jack Coo.....Just Jack] Right, I was glad I stopped saying my family name. I asked Nene beforehand regarding names, it was the same here for nobles are the only ones bearing a family name. Of course, bearings aside, I look like an awful person with my outfit. 

Rags, if I may call them, were the only ones covering my body because of how dirty it has become, of course, the ones I am wearing right now are still decent. The clothes I got after reincarnating into my younger self were just a plain white t-shirt and cargo pants and then a pair of outdoor shoes with socks. It was by sheer luck that the bastards have some decent clothes that match the fashion sense of this world.

[You seem uncanny in your outfit, the bath is ready, would you like to take it before dinner?] (Mary)

[Eh?! It's fine?]

[Yep yep~It's on the house today] (Mary) The inn mistress smiled as she pushed me inside to the busy dining area of the inn, followed of course by the bear of a husband she has.

...

...

...

Now that I have thought of it, they really are good people. They always persisted even though they were struck badly by the sudden disappearance of the girls, I guess they did not lose hope. 

Why am I having a monologue again? Ah! Breakfast!

I opened my INVENTORY and searched the clothes that I put in the folder labeled "decent".

[A gray shirt, shorts, and sandals] Not bad, they looked fine too. 

I then opened the door of the room just in case, but all I saw was a basin filled with warm water and a towel. A note was left too.

"PLEASE USE THIS TO CLEAN YOUR BODY, THE BATH HOUSE IS CURRENTLY FULL" 

[Hooeh?] Well I have indeed sweat a lot, especially since the climate of this place seems to be somehow just between Canada and Florida, hot and cold. Mornings are usually cold, just like here where the cold wind pierces to the bone.

[Haaaah...clean warm wet towels are the best] Before changing into new sets of clothes and underwear, I first did the bed some work so that by the time someone comes here to deal with it, the burden would be less. 

[Oho? These are...] It seems that the short has these belt guides, so they should also fit the belt I was wearing yesterday. 

Cotton was what the fabric was made of. Cool, a bit flexible, and it was comfortable to wear. Just like the old days...

I wonder, I looked so young right now, but I wished my memories were reset. I have a lot I wanted to forget after all.

Ehem, enough of that Jack. This is another world, this is your 2nd life, and nobody is going to stop you from doing the things you haven't done before.