I tried to be as discreet as possible when I moved towards my beautiful bhabhi. I wrapped an arm around her waist and rested my chin on her shoulder.

One may think that what I did just now was highly inappropriate, but we were just so close to each other that we treated our siblings' wife or girlfriend as sister.

"Relax, bhabhi. This much stress is not good for you."

"I wouldn't have to take stress if your brother had decided to help me in the last minute decorations. Instead, he decided to be workaholic and moved on to my sautan and his first wife."

"My brother is so cruel. He shouldn't have done this. Don't worry. I will help you in the preparations. Tell me, what do I have to do, my dear sister?"

"That's so sweet. Ek tum ho jo meri madad kar rahe ho, aur ek woh hai jisne kaam ko mera sautan banaa diyaa hai. Anyways, can you please make sure Raju brings the correct flowers this time? And, call the catering contractor from my behalf and tell them to add chocolate ice-cream also. And—"

"Wait—"

"No. There would be no chai. Who keeps chai in weddings?"

God! My bhabhi knows me so well.

"Any person who is sane will keep chai as a beverage."

"Any person who is insane would keep chai as a beverage in a wedding. Also, check up on the venue once."

"Wouldn't Tanya's family do anything?"

"They already did there part. We had decided to split the wedding preparations and charges. They had volunteered to arrange mehendi and sangeet functions while we had offered to arrange the engagement and haldi ceremony. The wedding would be hosted by both the families. Now, go to the venue and make sure everything is flawless."

In some of the rural areas, the bride's family has to host all the functions while the groom's family enjoy themselves.

India had become much more modern during the hundreds of decades, but some traditional people  still thought that a girl child would prove to be a burden.

The thing that the illiterate people didn't understand was that the girl population wasn't useless, the society made the women population useless.

It was the society who didn't approve of women being independent and doing jobs. It was the society who didn't want to educate women. It was the society who forced a girl to marry and have kids at the age of 16.

We didn't believe in that bullshit. And, we didn't believe in dowry system too like most of the modern families.

"Aye, aye captain. Anything else?"

"Nothing for now."

I nodded at her and went inside the kitchen to grab a sandwich which was made by my dear wife.

Then, I started walking towards the door when a sweet voice halted my steps,"Where are you going?"

"To check the preparations once."

"Oh! Can you please bring some baby's breath on your way home?"

"What's that?"

"Just tell the florist that you want baby's breath. He will give it to you."

"Okay."

"Don't forget, okay? They are important. The bridal look won't be complete without that flower. And bring the artificial ones."