CHAPTER-25

Raghav's P.O.V

Today I would officially lose my heart and soul. I would just be existing in this world after today. There won't be that heart-melting smile anymore. There won't be any joyful laugh either because Sameeksha— my heart, my soul, my wife and my love— would be leaving today.

She wasn't going to live in London forever, of course, but we don't know when will she come back either. It may be 2 years or 10 years. Nobody knows. And that is why, I have been gloomy all the time.

I was sitting on my bed, holding my phone and adoring Sameeksha's picture that I had taken in my phone once.

I had been crying the whole goddamn time. And still, these traitor tears would fall every now and then, without my permission.

"May we come in, Raghav?" Bhai asked while standing on my doorstep with bhabhi, Tanya, Sid and Abhi.

I discreetly wiped my tears and nodded, permitting them to enter.

"Stop sulking and cheer up, bhai." Sid said while snaking an arm around my shoulder. I shoved him away and glared at him.

"Remember your words, Sid. I will say the same thing when Anshika gets into an accident."

"Shubh shubh bolo, yaar."

"Stop bickering, you both." Sid immediately put a finger on his lips when bhabhi scolded us.

"By the way, Anshika huh!" Tanya piqued up with curiosity, her eyebrows raised.

Sid nervously chuckled and said,"Uh.. I kinda like your sister."

Tanya's perplexed look turned into a glare and Sid audibly gulped.
"What? Are you kidding me? You and Anshika? Like seriously? I thought you hated my sister. And you do know that she is 1 year younger than you, right?—"

"I know that she is 1 year younger than me. And even bhabhi is 1 year younger than Dev bhai. Age is just a number, Tanya. Chill."

"Chill? Chill? This is my sister we are talking about. How can I chill? Listen, imprint my words in your head, if you ever hurt my sister then I would kill you then resurrect you and then again kill you."

"Woah! Calm down, my tigress. It's okay. He won't hurt her." Abhi calmed his raging girlfriend down while shaking his head in amusement.

"Guys! Can we please focus on my problem, right now? And Tanya, if this idiot ever hurts Anshika then I would personally beat him."

"Haww! I am hurt, bhai."

"Good for you." Abhi shushed him.

"Alright. There's nothing to be sad about, Raghav. She's gonna get her memory back and everything will be fine." Bhabhi consoled me in a convincing tone.

"But when? After a decade?"

"Maybe after a few months. Who knows? Listen, you cannot always be like this. Do you even know how much worried we were because of you?—"

"I am sorry you got worried because of me. I didn't intend to make you people be on tenterhooks. But I can't help it, alright? She was the only woman I ever loved and would ever love."

"Listen, you are gonna get into depression if you bottle up your emotions. Let it all out. I can be a good therapist if I want to, you know."

"I have nothing to say. I am just sad, lonely, miserable, disconsolate and all the other synonyms."

Naina bhabhi was about to speak something but then we heard a loud knock on the door.

I got up from the bed and opened the door only to find my mumma with an impatient expression on her face.

She said,"Come on, let's go. We are getting late."

"We will come in a minute."

"Okay fine! But don't make us wait for too long, alright?"

"Alright." I closed the door when she left and turned around with a weary sigh. "Let's go. I am so excited to bid my wife goodbye." I mustered up all the sarcasm left in me to reduce the heavy tension that was lurking in the air.

It certainly worked because everyone present in the room— except me because I couldn't bring myself to laugh— bursted out laughing, shaking their head and muttering something about how my joke was so hilarious.

After a few minutes, we all were sitting inside our respective cars and heading to the airport.

In all honesty, I was a bit nervous and more skeptical. I didn't want her to go to an entire different country. The fact that Anshika was going with her too reduced my tension just a bit but it didn't help to reduce the nerves building higher in my stomach.

We reached the airport and found Sameeksha and Anshika with their  parents waiting for us outside the entrance.

We parked our cars and trudged our way towards them. My mom pulled my mother-in-law and Anshika's mother in a hug and dad patted my father-in-law's back in empathy and exchanged a few words with Anshika's father.

Sameeksha rolled her eyes at this exchange and I couldn't help but chuckle at her annoyance.

Truth to be told, they were being a bit dramatic. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't want my wife to go to London too but they were utterly exaggerating.

She looked at me and, just like that, my heart skipped several hundred beats. Instead of showing her how much her one glance affected me, I gave her a cheeky wink that I know she despised.

She scrunched her nose in disgust— that I found quite adorable— and turned her face to another direction.

After that, till the time she was in front of me, I caught her stealing glances at me from my peripheral vision; that actually made me smile.

After she and Anshika gave everyone— except me— a goodbye hug, they both disappeared behind those double glass doors of the entrance of the airport.

Amrita mumma and Raj papa followed the both of them to make sure they would be okay. Just in case.

I sighed and trudged my way back towards my car.

I ignited the engine and, with a heavy suspire, took off towards a destination I didn't know yet.

How fucked up my life has become because of Sameeksha!
——————————————————

Hello peeps!

I know, this way not emotional at all but I am a fucked up person who doesn't know how to write emotional scenes. So suck it up or else.... idk.

And things are about to get interesting. Keep waiting.

VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.

Thank you❤