CHAPTER-40

Sameeksha's P.O.V

I should have felt disgusted by his touch, his kiss, his smell, his everything, but I wasn't. I knew that I was quite enjoying it. I don't know why. I could kiss him forever and I wouldn't get tired of it.

God! What the hell? Why am I enjoying this just as much as he is? I should probably go to the police and complain about him, but somewhere deep down in my heart I knew that it wasn't wrong. It felt like he had the right to do anything with me.

But, I couldn't possibly let him continue whatever the shit he wanted. And so, I pulled myself away from our initial position, that was, my back attached to his chest and his chin resting on my shoulder.

I cleared my throat,"Now, what did you wanted to say?"

"Hmm. Straight to the point, I see. But, it's okay. One day, you wouldn't be so eager to leave me. Mark my words."

"Get to the point, Mr. Malhotra. I have lots of work to do."

"I will give you an ultimatum. Either you decide that you will try to love me, or I will kidnap you and force you to remember." He said in a very cold tone that made shivers run down my spine in fear.

"Remember what?"

"That is for me to know and for you to find out."

"You can't force me to love you."

He shrugged his shoulders,"Then, I will kidnap you."

"What the fuck? You cannot do either of them."

"I can and I will."

I took a deep breathe and said,"Listen, Mr. Malhotra-"

"Raghav."

"Huh?"

"Call me 'Raghav'."

"Listen, Raghav, I possibly cannot love you. I can't force my feelings, can I?" I asked, frustrated by his undoable badgering.

"You can if you want to."

It took every ounce of my self-control to not just go and slap his beautifully irritating face.
"I cannot force my love."

"Then I will force you to remember."

"You know what, go to hell. Do whatever the fuck you want to do."

"Are you sure? Because I can do so much more interesting things than just kiss." He smirked and took a step towards me, and I retaliated by taking a step back.

"Don't you dare come near me, alright?" I threatened.

"Oh, did you actually think that I was going to be threatened by you out of all people?" His right brow was quirked as he asked me this taunting question.

"There's no point in making these useless conversations. Let's get straight to the point, Mr. Malhotra. I cannot force my love. And you cannot force me either."

"I certainly wouldn't force you to love me. I would force you to reminisce."

"Reminisce what?"

He shrugged his shoulders and refused to open his mouth for a good few minutes. We both kept standing on our two legs, behind a tree at the corner of the park and kept staring at each other until I got tired and sighed softly before nodding my head in a slow and deliberated manner.

I turned around to head out of this goddamn place and this time, Raghav didn't stop me. I was so grateful for that.

Instead of going to the office, I waltzed my way towards a nearby café and ordered a Cappuccino while thinking about his words.

I was certain that I wouldn't be able to force myself to love him in just 11 hours. That's impossible.

So, the only thing left was to fake my love. I pulled out my phone and opened Raghav's chat and typed up a quick text:

Shameless Jerk: Uh- hey. I just- ah- remembered everything and I- er- wanted to let you know that I love you.

My thumb hovered above the send button. I was still a bit hesitant about sending him something that wasn't true, but decided to do it anyway. It's not like I have an option.

Just as I was about to hit the button, my phone started ringing. And my blood ran cold when I saw who called me.

"Don't even think about lying, Ms. Sameeksha." and then the call went dead. Just like that.

I was just deleting the text when I scrolled above and came across so many messages. When did I chat with Raghav? And why would I chat with him? Why didn't I see them before? Oh yeah! Maybe because I was so busy with my office work that I rarely opened my phone. And I didn't even dare to open Raghav's chat. And when did I save his number as 'Shameless Jerk'? Why do I even have his number?

God! So many questions and no answers. I might go mad at this rate.

Shameless Jerk: Hey! You know, Ananya dropped by in my office. And, God, she was acting so clingy. I had to make her go away by fake calling you. And then you say that I shouldn't be rude to her and all.

Angry Bunny: Funny😂. And, you shouldn't be rude. Can't you just, I don't know, be more polite towards anyone that isn't your family?

Shameless Jerk: I am more than polite towards Anshika.

Angry Bunny: She is family🙄.

Shameless Jerk: Not yet😉.

Angry Bunny: Uggh. You imbecile, get lost. I rather do my work than waste my time in trying to make you understand.

This definitely looks like what I would say. I would give the same advice to anyone who is rude. But, how is it even possible? God! Help me.

****

"Leave me alone, Sameeksha. I am trying to work here."

"Don't be a spoilsport. Come on, let's go somewhere."

"No."

"Raghav."

"A loud and clear NO."

"No? Okay fine, then."

****

"Umm Sameeksha, I wanted to ask you something."

"What?"

"Would you like to be my friend?"

"I would love to be your friend."

****

I asked you to help me and not infiltrate a big ass migraine. God! Raghav and I were friends before? When? How? Why? And why the fuck don't I remember anything?

And, oh goodness, this headache will kill me.

I stood up from the chair and made my way towards my car. I sat inside and drove towards my apartment, all the while thinking about what I just saw.

I want my answers, otherwise I will go mad.
------------------

Finally.

Sameeksha remembered a bit. Maybe, just maybe, you will see her have her answers now😉.

Vote, comment and share.

Thank you❤