CHAPTER-42

Sameeksha's P.O.V

"What are you doing here? You should have been in your office right now."

"I should be, but then I heard about you being harassed by someone, so, I came here."

"Stop exaggerating. I was not being harassed. And there was no need for you to come, I was capable of handling the situation on my own."

"Of course. You can handle any situation like this with that gentle tone of yours."

"By the way, papa told me to convey his message to you saying that if you ever made me sad, he will chop your dick off."

"If he will chop my dick off, then how will I be able to give him grandkids?"

"You mannerless and idiotic jerk. How can you be this shameless?"

"I am who I am. And I am sorry to say that you are stuck with me."

"Unfortunately."

****

Goodness! This was the first time I heard a full conversation, otherwise all I would see was bits and pieces of someone talking that wouldn't make any sense.

The one thing that I was sure of was that this couple's marriage was arranged and they were getting along well enough for them to be cosy with each other.

God! Couldn't you just show some empathy and show me the faces of that couple?

I was damn sure that I would be able to remember everything if I see them. But the question was, who would tell me who the newly weds were?

And, how could Raghav and I be friends? I have been hating him since the moment I saw him, right?

"SAMEEKSHA DI." Anshika's yell startled me.

I ran down the stairs and pounced on her, making the both of us tumble down.

"Ah– get up. You are heavy." She groaned.

I got up and helped her to get up too before slapping the back of her head.

"I will prepare coffee for us, and then we will sit and chat." She nodded and I made a beeline towards the open kitchen.

I made two cups of coffee and sat down beside Anshika, on the couch.

I handed her the coffee and said,"So, you have any gossip?"

"I do. You know, during my trip, I saw Mr. Kingston and, God, he looked so hot. I would have melted in a puddle if I was not in a conference room."

"Mr. Kingston? He has a wife and 2 children who are of my age, Anshika. He might be 40 years old or something."

"So what? He still looked so hot. I would have married him if I would have been born 40 years before."

"Shut up. Stop crushing over someone who is, probably, your uncle's age."

"I am not crushing. I am just fan-girling."

"What is the difference?"

"Uh– I don't know." She sheepishly chuckled and I shook my head.

"Anything else?"

"Nope."

"I have got something to say then." I added in a serious tone.

"Hmm." She continued sipping her coffee with furrowed brows.

"I–I have been getting very strange visions, nowadays. About a married couple. And, I got to know that Raghav and I were once friends. I am certain that if I see that couple again, I will remember everything. So, do you know anything about them?"