The best assistant (Rúben Dias)

It was the FA cup weekend again, and you had been sent to the Etihad to cover the City-Chelsea match for the BBC. You always loved the cup because instead of just doing post-match interviews, you also got to be on presenter duty.

Being in Manchester also meant you got to see your boyfriend Rúben after the match. And probably before and during since he was injured and wouldn't be with the rest of the squad during warm-ups.

The bad thing about today was that you forgot to check the weather forecast. Again.

So here you were in Manchester wearing a not thick enough jacket. Very cute jacket but...it was not going to keep you warm at all.

You kept on jumping, trying not to look too ridiculous, and rubbing your arms to warm yourself up a bit. The last thing you needed was chattering teeth while speaking on TV.

Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Rúben signing autographs and taking photos with some fans. When he was done, he spotted you and moved to where you were standing after noticing you still weren't on air.

"Hi", he said, hugging you and kissing your cheek.

"Hi. Done attending your adoring fans?"

"No, don't worry. I still have time for you".

You rolled your eyes when another shiver made you hug yourself. It really was cold today.

When you looked up at Rúben, you saw him frowning.

"Why do you never wear something weather appropriate?", he said, shaking his head.

"I didn't realise it was going to be so cold. But it's fine. We'll be indoors during the match. It's just a couple of minutes of suffering".

"I could ask the team for a coat for you or something", he suggested.

"I can't wear any team's clothes. But maybe I could hide inside your coat. Why is it so big?"

"Oversize coats are trendy!"

"Whatever you say. Now go, we need to start working".

With another kiss, he left to join the team on the bench. And you, somehow, managed to do the pre-match presenting without turning blue.

**

It was an easy win for City. And you were happy to be able to go to the press area to do the post-match interviews. The heating was on and very much appreciated by your cold body. When you got back inside after half-time, your hands were so cold it almost hurt to move your fingers. Thankfully one of your colleagues had a spare pair of gloves, so at least that was sorted.

After your interviews, it was time to wait for one of your colleagues to interview the Chelsea players before you could do the final bit of presenting. You thought about staying inside the tunnel for as long as you could and it was there you found Rúben again.

"What are you doing here?", you asked, curious. You expected him to be in the dressing room celebrating with his teammates.

"Making sure you're still alive".

"Well, barely", you finally admitted.

Rúben then opened his coat and brought you closer to him so you could also be covered by it.

"See? I told you it was too big", you joked, but also hugged him tighter, enjoying the warmth of the coat and of his body.

"I need to buy them two sizes bigger for all the times when you forget to bring one".

"Maybe I should hire you as my assistant".

"I would be the best assistant", he said, proudly.

"I have no doubts about that".

But then it was time for you two to separate and for you to finish work.

"Take the coat", said Rúben while you were walking back to the pitch.

"It's just five minutes. I'll be fine and I don't want you to get cold".

"If it's just five minutes, I'll be fine too", he shrugged, moving away from the camera.

Rúben took off the coat and put it on your shoulders, leaving quickly when he saw the looks he was getting from the tv crew.

You then realised how big it actually was. I mean, if it looked oversize on him...but managed to make it look decent by rolling the sleeves up a bit and using the hair clip you always carried with you, for when you had to put your hair up, on the back to make it look smaller.

**

"Thank you very much for joining us today and we'll see you tomorrow for the Oxford-Arsenal tie. Until then, take care".

"Perfect", said the producer. "Now we go to the pub to let the beers warm us up a bit, right?"

"You go have fun, guys", you said. "I have to return this coat".

"Right. We all know what that's code for", laughed one of your cameramen, winking at you.