Jealous for a reason (Rúben Dias)

"Rúben!"

"What?", he says, walking inside the room.

"Can you help me choose my outfit? I don't know what to wear".

"Sure...what about this dress? You haven't worn it recently and it looks great on you".

When you pick up the dress he mentions, you frown.

"It's a bit small on me now. I bought it before I put on some weight".

"Try it on. I'm sure it still looks perfect on you because guess what?"

"I am perfect?", you say rolling your eyes at how cheesy he could be.

"Exactly!"

So you take your shorts and top off and put the dress on. It does look amazing on you but you didn't lie. It's a bit tight on the chest area.

"See? It looks bad".

Rúben starts to stare at your cleavage which looks even bigger thanks to the size not being the perfect one for you at the moment.

"I like how it looks a lot".

"Well, it won't be just you seeing this, you know? Aren't you worried about the looks I'll get? This is a bit much for what I usually like to wear and to show".

He turns you so you can see yourself in the mirror. "If you like what you see, wear it. I'm not a jealous person, you know that".

You do like what you see, so you decide to stop overthinking and start to look for some matching shoes to wear with the dress.

**

The restaurant Rúben picked is amazing. And before your table is ready, you go have a little cocktail. Well, he has water and you have a cocktail. It's the middle of the season.

"You sure you don't want a little sip? It's really nice", you say, pointing the straw at him.

"Too sweet", he grimaces after trying it.

"I like sweet".

The waitress comes to pick you up before you are done with your drink, so you take it to the table with you.

"My colleague will be here in a second to take your orders".

"Thank you".

"You happy?", asks Rúben, holding your hand.

You nod, smiling and scrunching your nose. He loves when you do that.

"Good night, may I take...no way! Hi!"

"Oh my God, Joel!", you say, standing up and hugging the waiter, leaving Rúben very confused. "Joel, this is my boyfriend Rúben. Rúben, this is a...friend from uni. We haven't seen each other in forever. I wish we could catch up".

"Well, not right now or I'll get in trouble", he laughs, making you join him. "But I can give you my number so we can do that catching up any other time. It's so lovely seeing you. But sit down again, I need to get your orders. And your boyfriend's...Ron, right?"

"Rúben", he says, starting to get annoyed.

"Yeah. So, what would you guys like to drink?"

But Rúben can tell Joel has zero interest in speaking with him. He's too busy speaking to you. And staring at you. He could at least be a bit less obvious because everyone can tell his eyes stay on your face for two seconds before going back to your chest.

"Rúben?", you say.

"Huh?"
"What would you like to drink?"

"Just water, please".