Our special day (Rúben Dias)

When Rúben went back to your hotel room to check you were ready to leave, he stared at you for a whole minute before making his presence felt.

"That's really rude of you, you know?"

"What?", you said, turning to look at him.

"No one is supposed to look better than the bride. And you already broke that rule".

You laughed at his comment. "Well, she chose the dress so she probably won't mind. Besides, the groom will only have eyes for her".

"Same as I only have eyes for you".

He hugged you from behind, staring at how you two looked in the mirror. You still needed to give the finishing touches to your hair and make-up, but didn't mind him being so clingy.

"I'm not happy about you not sitting with me at the church".

"I'm a bridesmaid, Rúben. I have to be with the bride".

"But I'll miss you. I guess at least I get to stare at you without looking like a creep. You'll be literally next to the people who get married".

"I think being married helps you avoid looking creepy when you stare at me".

Rúben just hugged you tighter. This day brought back so many memories. He couldn't stop thinking about it and wondered if you were feeling the same.

"I have to go see the bride. She's probably so nervous!"

"Were you nervous before our wedding?"

"No. I have you wrapped around my finger. I knew you'd show up".

And you weren't lying.

**

Once the bride was ready, you joined the other bridesmaids on your way to the very nervous groom. Your friends were absolutely adorable. Also, they had been dating since they were babies, so it was very emotional for you to see them finally getting married. You knew they had been dreaming of this moment for so long.

On the way to the altar, you spotted Rúben sitting with other of your friends. And when he saw you, you stuck your tongue out to him. He laughed, loving your goofy side, and blew you a kiss.

The first notes of the wedding march were played and you already felt tears in your eyes. All the other bridesmaids, your best friends, were feeling the same way.

And whenever you looked back at Rúben, you saw he had kept his promise of just staring at you. He was so silly.

The ceremony was very emotional and once it was over, you all got out of the church to say goodbye to the bride and groom for a little bit. You were still waving at their car when you noticed strong arms wrapping around your waist.

"They looked so happy", he said.

"I know...oh crap, I'm getting emotional again".

"I think we looked even happier on our wedding day".

"Rúben! You're not helping".

He laughed and turned you to face him. He used his thumbs to clean the little tears without messing up your make-up too much.

"We are actually the reason this wedding happened".

"How?"

"The bride caught your bouquet at our wedding".

"Well, she was already engaged so that might have helped too. Who caught it today?"

"A little girl. She was so excited but I'm afraid she'll have to wait a little longer to get her own wedding".