Don't forget, Part 2 (Rúben Dias)

A week and a half had passed since your argument with Rúben and it seemed like it had all been forgotten. Everyone can have a bad day and he apologized multiple times. Besides, he looked after you for the few days it took for your cold to go away. He was back in the good books again. Others couldn't say the same.

When you woke up on Saturday morning, you saw Rúben wasn't in bed with you. And the alarm hadn't gone off yet so that was odd. Then you found him in the kitchen, a plate of cold food in front of him while he stared at nothing.

"You ok?"

"Yes", he said, finally realizing you were approaching him. "Good morning".

"Good morning to you too. Which time do we need to leave? I have to do a bit of work and I don't want us to be late".

Rúben didn't answer and you looked up to see his jaw clenched. "Leaving by 3 should be fine. I guess".

His attitude made you frown. "Rúben, you can talk to me. What's bothering you?"

He sighed and got up to make your morning cup of tea and you walked to him so you could hug him.

"I didn't do anything wrong so tell me who did and I'll beat them up".

"It's just that I hate not being able to help the team".

Of course. You should have guessed.

"Just one more match and you'll be back".

"I was so stupid getting sent off for that. And then for leaving...".

Rúben had been fined for leaving the stadium before he was allowed but thankfully the press didn't find out. He was beating himself up for it enough. And that was also the reason for your fight, which didn't help.

The first match he couldn't play was an away match so you could distract him by taking him away for the weekend. But that didn't work for home matches. He had to go support the team.

"What's done is done. Besides, it wasn't even your fault".

When you finally spoke after your little fight, he told you what happened. How he was sent off because of Jack. Well, Rúben didn't explain it like that but you put the pieces together. You never really liked Jack and because of some work stuff, your opinion of him had gotten even worse. Jack, of course, was oblivious to all of it.

"Well, I'm the one who spoke to the referee like that".

"Because you were in pain. You couldn't control it".

He laughed, putting the mug with your tea on the kitchen island and hugging you.

"I appreciate you defending me but I know when I mess up and this time I messed up. A lot. But as you say, what's done is done so whatever".

You had breakfast together and then you focused on getting your work done before leaving for the match. Working in PR could be exhausting sometimes. Especially when you managed football players who got in trouble so often.

That's how you met Rúben. And now you didn't work with him anymore because that could get too messy too quickly.

"Take a break", said Rúben, offering his hand to help you get up and lead you to the kitchen where some lunch was waiting for you.

"Thanks, babe. I'll eat this and shower. Then we can leave".

"I'll go shower now and then you can help me pick my outfit".

By the time Rúben was out of the shower, you were making your way to the room.

"Wear that".

"What?", he asked, confused.