A tooth fairy visit (Rúben Dias)

Hearing the alarm going off, you just put your head under the pillow and hoped it was all a dream. But it wasn't. It was time to wake up and you were dreading today so much.

After having delayed it as much as possible, it was time to get two of your wisdom teeth removed. And if there was something you were terribly scared of, it was the dentist.

Thankfully, your boyfriend promised to be there every step of the way. But not even his presence could calm you down completely this time.

Rúben: on my way! Are you ready? ❤️

He always had to be on time, didn't he? But you couldn't really get annoyed at him because he had literally taken the day off to look after you today.

Since you had washed your hair the previous day, a quick shower did the trick. So by the time you were putting your jumper on, Rúben was knocking on the door.

"Hi", you said, dramatically falling into his arms. "I don't want to go".

He laughed, kissing the top of your head and letting himself inside...while still holding you. You wouldn't be surprised if that had to be how he ended up bringing you to the dentist's office.

"How's the pain?"

"It's alright".

But he could tell it was a lie. You had barely been able to get some proper sleep lately because of how bad the pain was.

"So we went from me not being allowed to stay here yesterday because you weren't going to be able to sleep, and I wasn't going to be able to sleep either to being alright? Ok".

"Rúben, you just don't get how scared I am. I literally used to faint at the dentist's when I was a kid".

His little frown warmed your heart. He was the overprotective boyfriend type and knowing there were things he couldn't protect you from was not something he enjoyed.

"But I'll be fine", you said to reassure him.

"I'll be there the whole time, ok?"

"I'll be sleeping for most of it, thankfully. But knowing you're there helps. A lot".

He hugged you tighter, letting you feel how he was always there to help you. And you allowed yourself to close your eyes for a second to try and forget about the fear and the pain and just enjoy the feeling of his strong arms around you.

After a couple of minutes, Rúben went to the kitchen to make sure you had everything you needed...again. And once he was happy about that, he made you a cup of chamomile tea and took it to the sofa, where you were sitting nervously.

"Here".

"You didn't have to, but thank you. I hope it helps me relax".

"Come here", he said, patting the space between his legs so you could sit there and drink your tea while he hugged you.

He allowed you to tell him about all the reasons why you felt so afraid, not interrupting you once, no matter how much he wanted to say something to make you feel less scared. He only showered you with kisses. Mostly on your shoulder and the side of your neck, since that was the easiest area to reach. But also on your cheek, forehead and the tip of your nose whenever you turned to look at him. Half of the time, he didn't even notice he was going to kiss you until he did. It just came so naturally for him to kiss you to show you his love. Or to try and calm you down, as was the case this time.

"Time to go, love".

"Noooooooooooo", you said, turning to hide your head on the crock of Rúben's neck. But just as you did, you hit the area that was in pain with his shoulder and couldn't help the cry that came out of you.