Chats and cuddles (Rúben Dias)

"I'm off to training".

"Ok, babe. I'll finish packing and then I'll wait for you. Do you want to do something special today? Or do you want me to pick up some food for lunch or something?"

Rúben turned to look at you and you could only laugh at the pout on his face.

"I want you to stay. Can you do that?"

"I wish. But I have to travel to Paris for work tomorrow. You know that. And it'll be only 3 days this time. It's a quick campaign shoot".

"One day I'll move the entire fashion industry to Manchester and you won't have to abandon me anymore".

"One day", you responded, laughing at your boyfriend's words.

He sighed, picking up his bag and coming back to give you another hug. Separating because of your job was getting more and more complicated. He was usually only away for a day or two. But you could be gone for weeks.

"Let's just stay home. We can watch a movie and cuddle. And eat and cuddle. And talk and...".

"Cuddle?"

"How did you guess?", he asks, hugging you tightly while you still laugh.

"My sixth sense".

When he left, you started to make sure you had everything you needed for these days away in the French capital. That obviously included stealing one of Rúben's hoodies so you could wear it while on the plane. Which one should you get this time?

Once everything was ready and you could relax, it was time for lunch. But Rúben wasn't back yet even though he was supposed to have finished training over an hour ago.

"I know I'm late, sorry", he said when he picked up the phone.

"It's fine. I just wondered where you were. Everything ok?"

"We had extra training. Pep didn't like anything we were doing today".

"Poor you. Come back so we can enjoy those cuddles".

"On my way!"

Since you now had more time to get lunch ready, you decided to prepare something a bit more exciting than a boring sandwich.

By the time you were putting everything on the plates, you heard the door opening and a bag falling to the floor.

"Hi! Where are you?"

"Kitchen!"

Before you could turn after hearing footsteps getting closer, you already felt strong arms wrapped around your waist. You knew tired boyfriend Rúben was very clingy and secretly loved it when he was like this. You loved spoiling him.

"Hungry?"

"I guess", he said, putting his head on your shoulder and sighing. "You smell so good".

"Thanks. I showered today".

You had to drag him with you around the kitchen while getting the glasses and cutlery to set the table.

"What movie should we watch?"

"I'll fall asleep the moment it starts so whatever you want".

That made you laugh. It wouldn't be the first time it happened.

"Then we can nap. I could use the sleep too. I'll be working long hours the next few days".

And so that's what you did. Putting all the stuff away in the dishwasher and getting ready for a little nap once you were done eating. You didn't mind getting into bed wearing the t-shirt and leggings you had been wearing around the house. But Rúben, of course, had to take his shirt off before collapsing on the bed.