Fashion challenge (Rúben Dias)

[Rúben]: are you home?

[You]: yes, only here for my lunch break though. Why?

[Rúben]: I'm getting some parcels delivered in 15 minutes.

[You]: I'll be here when it arrives. Don't worry 😉

[Rúben]: you're the best ❤️ see you later! Love you!

Parcels delivered now? He usually got them sent to the training centre because there was always someone there but you didn't mind opening the door to the delivery person. Even if he arrived right when you were in the middle of eating.

Chewing as fast as you could, you walked to the door to find a man surrounded by boxes and bags.

"That's...a lot".

"Tell me about it", he laughed.

"Do I need to sign something?"

"No. I can help you get everything inside the apartment".

"Don't worry. I'm fine. Let me get you a tip. You've earned it".

The man left and you started to take everything inside. A few of the boxes had brand names you recognised but most had names that meant nothing to you. This must be the stylist's doing.

Saying you weren't a fan of Rúben's stylist would be an understatement. How he managed to get the worst clothes from every brand was a mystery to you. And always in the wrong size.

But there was no time to worry about that because you had to go back to work after quickly finishing your lunch and letting Rúben know his clothes had arrived.

**

Rúben was always the first one back home after training. The two hours he had to wait for you to come back sometimes felt eternal and today was one of those days. He was excited to try all his new clothes out and show you how they looked, so you could help him choose what to keep and what to send back.

So because he was bored, he started to open the boxes and bags and he placed the clothes on the bed. Those trousers were supposed to go with...right, that T-shirt and the jacket. And the tracksuit with the crosses with the new trainers. Fun!

He was trying one of the outfits on when he heard the door open and close and got out of the room to meet you.

"Is there a clown convention in town?", you asked when you saw him.

"What?"

He looked confused while walking towards you to give you a kiss. The closer he got, the more shocked you were by what he was wearing.

"What are you wearing?"

"Some of my new clothes. Do you like them?"

Don't be mean, don't be mean. "Not really?"

"Why? I thought this looked good".

"The colours clash. The sizes...what is it with this stylist of yours and buying clothes that could fit you and me in them because of how big they are? And I'm sure it has some sort of print on the back too, right?"

He started to walk towards the room backwards, confirming your suspicions. You shook your head, chuckling.

When you got to the room, you saw him taking the clothes off. The room was an absolute mess.

"You wanted honesty, remember".

"I know. I just forget how brutal your honesty can be", he said, laughing.