Now Things and Later Things

Hope♡ 

My head was spinning by the time I finished my exam, I had to go straight to the campus doctors for a flu shot and I only just got to sit for a bit before Colton found himself in front of me. I was actually decompressing in the café, normally I would go to my room, away from people, but Gem was picking me up soon, and I didn't want to go alone just in case Connie was there.

I don't feel well enough to fight her today.

"Hey, are you sitting alone?" he asked before he just sat down without my permission. I wasn't expecting anyone, so he initially scared me, but that quickly turned into some form of stress as I looked down at my phone. I don't like what he makes me feel, I don't like that his presence suddenly makes me want to get up and run away from him. I don't think I'm afraid, but he does make me feel tired. Uneasy almost.

"Yeah, I like sitting alone," I looked up at him from my phone, but he just stared at me. At least if Jay or Jazzy were here that could entertain him or at the very least keep him away from me, but they weren't, and now I'm forced to deal with the blunt end of his flirtation. 

He shrugged with a smile, holding his bag in his lap, "I like being alone too."

I nodded quickly, seeing how far nowhere this was going to go. I've learned over the years to just ignore men who do this. Sometimes they take the hint and stop, maybe they'll call you a bitch or cold-hearted, but they eventually leave, and I'll take that over the stress of fighting any day.

Suddenly, he looked up, past me, his mouth agape, and I was going to look back too, but a soft hand on my shoulder made me jump. I turned around and hopped out of my seat into her arms.

"Gemmie!" I cheered letting her spin me around, I love how happy me and Air make her. Otherwise, she's pretty stoic with everything and everyone else. Well, Gigi can make her nicer, but they get off on arguing with each other, who am I kidding, I do too. It's so hot, the power battle between the two. 

"Hey, Baby," She spoke to me softly as I looked up at her, her smile faded as she pressed her hand around my neck, garnering all of my attention.

"Where's your collar?" My cheeks got a bit hot and I looked away, but she held my chin taking a look at my face. Then she ran her thumb over my cheek, frowning a bit. "And what happened to your face, Sweetness?" 

I stuttered a bit, looking at her, trying to get the words out. I can't tell her I had a fight with that bitch or else I'll have to tell her about why we fought and so much stuff will come out of that. Then she'll tell Gigi and Air, and they will be just as angry as she is, and it's just too much. So, I smiled and shook my head, taking her hand away, we should leave.

"I had to take it off for my doctor's appointment, I got a flu shot too, just like you said and- ," It was only when I turned around for my bag that I noticed Colton again. He's been sitting there the whole time, just watching us, I guess. 

"Oh uh, Gem, this is Colton, his aunt runs the label, and he's helping us with a few things for the upcoming album," I smiled, grabbing my bag, "Colton, this is one of my girlfriends, Gemini."

He nodded, standing up, they didn't shake hands, Gem doesn't like touching people very much. He moved closer, focusing his attention on me.

"Your friend, cool, um I'm going to meet Star at the studio with the others, we should be able to warp up the song, I'll send it to you before midnight."

I opened my mouth to say 'no', but he started to move too fast before Gem stood in front of him stopping his mad dash. They were nearly the same height, but Gem was a bit taller by two inches. She caught his eyes and held his attention for what felt like forever.