Falling

☆Yang's P.O.V.☆

"It's just a group session, nothing too serious. I'll be outside the door the whole time."

I tried my best to reassure her, but it wasn't working like I wanted it she only held onto my arm tighter. Almost hiding behind me. I was going to say something else, but my thoughts left my mind when I saw Maggie. She's a medic for L.A.X. I've seen her more times than I like to admit, but military and gang affiliation aren't easy on the body.

Maggie smiles that soft, sweet smile as she opens her arms. her blond hair was dyed brown to appear more welcoming and relatable. From what I understand, she's only here once a week for evaluations; she works closely with Dr. Brawly.

"Hello, you must be the new patient, follow me, we'll form a circle soon and we'll get you all introduced, thanks for bringing her in Agent Yang," she gently guided Kay off of my arm fully into the room. I stood by the door and waited. She kept her eyes on me even when the session had started.

"Hello, let's start with our usual introductions. Your name, and why you feel you're here, we have a new addition to our team, so let's give a warm welcome and show her how it's down."

A few women stood up and introduced themselves and talked about having mental health issues. Soon, it was Kay's turn she looked at me like I had the answers, and it made my legs go weak.

She looked so scared. I nearly stepped in before she opened her mouth.

"I'm Kar-uh Kay. I'm here because I uh, I'm not a good- I'm not sure."

"Awesome, Kay, and that's Alright, we can't all have the answers on day one, don't worry. We've all been there, and believe me, it gets more and more clear with every session. You're doing amazing," Maggie cheered her on making a deep blush reach her cheeks. Normally, she would only blush this hard from a kiss, or maybe even a roaming touch. But never words like these.

It put a smile on face just watching her; she the worst and acting normal, but still the cutest.

The session droaned on until it was ending time, they all spoke about their short term goals and soon Kay was back on my arm. I could tell she didn't want to wait around for anything else to happen, so I let her drag me out to the car. My car.

She sat in the front, with her legs pressed up into her chest. Her chin rested on her knees, and it made me feel sorry that I would dare make her leave the comfort of home.

She didn't like it outside, not anymore. During the first week, I used to catch her out back in the garden; now, she refuses to be anywhere I'm not.

I shake my head and route towards home. I guess we could stop off at the potluck for a few minutes.

I pull up to the community park, and as I park, her eyes get wide.

"No," she shook her head and buried her face.

"Kay, look at me," she doesn't until I gently pull her chin up.

"Kay, it's been weeks, Honey. You had a life before me. You had friends."

"No, those people are Jeff's friends and they know, they know he's gone, they know eveeything."

She's right about that, but still. She had a presence in the community. She needs to get it back, or at least something like normalcy.

"They asked if you would come, Baby, I told them that Jeff is gone and they still asked if you would come," I pressed her hair out of her face so she properly meet my eyes. I could already see people noticing my car. It's expensive and flashy and, mostly importantly, doesn't belong.