Ch 53: The Attack Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"I'm not supposed to kill you yet but I just can't help myself." She cocks the gun and is ready to shoot me. The loud bang sounds out but I don't feel anything.

Looking up I see her groan and move back, holding onto her shoulder in pain. She shouts and retreats as more men come from downstairs to up here. It gets progressively harder to breathe the longer I stay here.

Looking around I spotted Damein with an unconscious Claudio on his back. He smiles and lets off a few more rounds as he motioned for me to get up. Gritting my teeth I bite back my pain and slap Jermey across the face. He shouts and opens his eyes wide and confused.

"Mommy?" He looked at me confused. Slapping him again makes him nod and look around.

"Grab Emily." I shout as more bullets are let off around us. 

Blocking my body he gets to his feet with a groan and grabs Emily quickly. I follow after them, coughing and wheezing from the smoke. Seeing the flames come faster I trip him and get down as the fire rushes over the ceiling above us. 

"Thanks." He adjusts her onto his shoulder.

"Go!" Gunshots sound out behind us as we try to run away. 

Damien led us to the back stairway to the first floor, things were looking hopeful till the part of the ceiling caved in. I stumble back and look at the blockage in front of me. Jermey stops and watches me with worried eyes.

"Amilia?!" It's hard to see him over the roaring flames.

"Go. I'll find another way." He didn't look convinced but I didn't give him an option.

Getting up and running away I go through backdoors and rooms to find a way out. He shouts my name but I don't listen, I need to focus on getting away. Seeing more of those men inside made me hide and keep low. I covered my mouth with part of my shirt to try and filter the air as I ran away.

I managed to get to the untouched library. I take a moment to lean against the bookshelves to catch my breath. My mind raced with ways out, thinking of any secondary option to escape.

It's all cut short when another explosion is set off right outside the room. The door caves in and the shock sends me back against the shelves. I black out when my head hits the floor.

I'm so fucked…

____________________
Azrael pov:

I barely waited for the car to stop when we reached the manor, it was going up in flames fast. Windows broke as the fire reached out for more air. My stomach dropped when I saw my brother and Jermey running out of the building from the west side.

"Damien! Where's Amilia!?" I ran to him, seeing an unconscious Claudio on his back.

"She's right… where is she?" He looked at Jeremy, he was carrying an equally unconscious Emily on his back.

"She's still inside." He looked pained, not from his wound but from knowing she didn't follow.

"You didn't try to save her!?" I shouted, my anger boiling.

"Of course we did, we got cut off when the ceiling caved in." He defended himself, setting the girl down and catching his breath.

Huffing in anger I run to the front of the building, stopping by the fountain at the roundabout I douse myself in the water. Axe tries to stop me but I run in before he could, ignoring the calls of the others.