𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Start from the beginning

"You tried again, didn't you?" She doesn't say anything. She doesn't even look at him. Those reddened eyes are staring at the back of the bar, bits of fringe cluding her peripheral. "Didn't you?" Wildly, Dean looks to Sam. "What did you do?" Sam doesn't answer. "If either of you two...made a fucking deal...I'm going to kill you."

"Told you," Sam chirps. Katherine scoffs and shakes her head, turning away from Dean ever so slightly. She pushes herself away from the bar and angrily heads for the bathroom, leaving her phone on the bartop.

"What?" Dean asks.

"No one can save you, Dean."

"Yeah, I've been trying to tell you idiots—"

"No." Sam looks at his brother with hard blue eyes. "No one can save you because you don't want to be saved." Dean's water and whiskey gets set in front of him. Sam waits until the bartender is gone to start speaking again. "How can you care so little about yourself? What's wrong with you?"

Dean chuckles. "Gonna need a lot more whiskey for this." He throws his ounce back and sighs. The burn takes some of the twitches out of his fingers. Soothes him.

Then Katherine's phone starts to ring on the bartop.

When she returns from the bathroom, Sam is closing out their tab. "Dean's in the car," he says, shoving his wallet into his pocket. "We've gotta go."

"Why, what happened?" She asks. She feels numb as she accepts her cell phone from Sam. "How did you have this?"

"Bobby's in a hospital about an hour from here."

Katherine frowns. "We're not anywhere near Sioux Falls."

"I know," Sam sighs, putting an arm around her shoulder, and pulls her forward.

"We've run every test we can think of. He seems perfectly healthy."

"Yeah, except he's comatose," Katherine seethes, wildly gesturing to Bobby in the hospital bed. He isn't intubated. He didn't need a defibrillator. He's on an IV and that's it. And she's angry at the doctor. She rubs her forehead and sighs. "I'm...I'm sorry."

"Miss Donovan...you're his emergency contact," Dr. Gooding says. "Are there any illnesses or allergies we need to know about?"

"No," she scoffs. "No, he's had the flu one time in my whole life." She puts her hands on her hips and stares at Bobby. "You did a CT?"

"That was the first thing we did," he nods.

"And his bloodwork's fine."

"It's perfectly normal," Dr. Gooding confirms.

"Okay but...if he's comatose, for no good reason, then it has to be something with his brain," Katherine insists. "Swelling?" Dr. Gooding shakes his head. "A bleed?"

"Are you in the field?"

"Yeah, kind of."

"Valedictorian of her class," Dean says.

"That's not a thing," Katheirne whispers.

"I mean, kind of—"

"So you don't know what's causing it," Katherine says. "That means you don't know how you treat it."

"That is correct."

Slowly, she nods. "All right. All right, thank you."

"What do you think?" Sam murmurs. Katherine waits for the door to close before she stalks over to the cabinets, opening every door and drawer until she finds Bobby's personal belongings.