Chapter 163

Krystal hurriedly said, "Dad, Mom, I was also very angry before. But now that I think about it, maybe Jennie really didn't do it on purpose. Maybe it was just a slip of the hand, or maybe she just lost her balance and fell on me... I don't think she did it on purpose. If it was just an accident, I won't blame her for it..."

Ji-yong and Chae-rin both thought that their daughter was too kind-hearted. How could she be so kind-hearted?

Du Luo was also deeply touched. "Krystal, you're too considerate of others. You never think about yourself. You're still speaking up for Jennie even in this state."

"I don't want to judge her with malicious intent. Actually, Jennie is quite pitiful as well," Krystal said, "If she's willing to make a public apology, I'll forgive her."

Chae-rin said, "I don't think she'll make a public apology. Your father and I have discussed it. We don't want her to apologize anymore. Let's just call the police. It's a serious matter. We should teach her a lesson."

"Mom, don't call the police!" Krystal struggled to sit up.

She did not want this matter get any more serious. She just wanted Jennie to be condemned. Ruining her reputation was the biggest punishment for her.

Besides, she did not really suffer a miscarriage. If the police got involved, her lie would soon be exposed.

Kai said in a low voice, "Krystal, you're so kind that you still want to protect her and care about your sisterhood. But Jennis doesn't have any sisterly feelings for you."

When he saw Jennie leave with that man today, she did not look the slightest bit ashamed or guilty. Instead, she even looked arrogant. He felt sorry for Krystal.

Chae-rin chimed in, "That's right. How can I seek justice for you if I don't call the police? Jennie will never admit to her mistake otherwise!"

Krystal shook her head. "Mom, it's not as simple as you think. She's still a member of the Kim family. If anything happens to her, it'll also affect the reputation of the Kim family. Besides, she's doing well in the company now. If we lay a hand on a cash cow like her because of me, what will the company think of me?"

Chae-rin was speechless for a moment. She really did not dare to destroy her daughter's future.

She had lived in the shadow of being a homewrecker her whole life and she had not made much progress in her career. Now that her daughter was finally doing well and she was going to be a young grandmother in the near future, she really should not offend anyone in the company.

Kai held Krystal's hand and said, "I'm sorry, Krystal."

"I'm just thinking about the bigger picture. If Jennie apologizes in private, I'll forgive her," Krystal said generously.

It was decided. She would not call the police but would ask Jennie to apologize in private.

While sending Ji-yongcand Chae-rin out, Kai said, "Uncle, Aunt, you should head back home first. Let's not do anything about the matter regarding Jennie for now. We can talk about the apology after she has sorted out her thoughts."

...

The topic of Krystal's miscarriage was still being discussed on Weibo.

However, there was no follow-up news.
Krystal had said that she did not push Jennie, but she did not come up with an explanation. Karina continued to rile up Krystal's fans and incited them to cause trouble by cursing and scolding Jennie.

Krystal's fans and Jennie's fans argued heatedly.

"Murderer, come out and apologize!"

"Don't talk nonsense, okay? When did Jennie kill someone? I'll sue you for slander."