Chapter 58

Niki didn't like how Jennie had greeted her. As Kai's cousin, she thought that Jennie should also flatter her, just like how Krystal bowed to her every time Krystal saw her.

Besides, she was also born into a wealthy family. She hated to see loftiness in other women's faces. For her, only she could appear lofty and arrogant.

But still, she smiled and said, "I didn't expect you to succeed in the audition. Director Baizen is actually very strict in choosing his talents."

"It's an honor for me," Jennie said flatly.

"This time, Kai is here too. Actually, he asked me to persuade you. Let's let bygones be bygones. You don't have to chase him all the time," Niki said with a smile. What she wanted to say was clear.

She used to like Jennie. But since Jennie withdrew from the marriage, which put the Kim family to shame, all the members of the Kim family's impression of Jennie changed.

All the fault was put on Jennie five years ago, and everyone believed it.

Jennie understood now. Both Niki and Kai thought that she came to the audition to win Kai's heart back.

With a faint smile, she said indifferently, "Manager Niki, I'm here to work, not to pursue a man. Before I came here, I didn't even know that I would meet you, let alone Kai."

"Really?" Judging from Niki's tone, she obviously didn't believe it. How could Jennie just give up an excellent and handsome man like Kai so easily?

"Manager Niki, will your conclusion affect my work?" Jennie asked.

It seemed that Niki meant that if she still had feelings for Kai and interfered with his personal life, her job would be revoked.

Jennie believed that Niki was capable of doing it. If she gave Krystal a chance for Kai, she could also cut off Jennie's chance for him.

If this was in the past, Jennie wouldn't bother to explain to Niki and would just leave.

She was not willing to trade love for a job opportunity.

But now was different. She needed to raise money for Leo. Her time was running short. If she couldn't make enough money for him, she was worried that he wouldn't live a good life in the future.

And she also had responsibility for Luca now.

After thinking for a while, she said, "I'm already married, so it's impossible for me to go after Kai anymore. If you don't believe me, there's nothing I can do about it."

Before Niki could say anything, Lisa walked straight to Jennie from a distance. It was as if he was there to prove Jennie's words.

Jennie was a little surprised. But then, she realized that it must be Lv Shan who told him she was here. That was why he came.

She stood up, reached out her hand, and pulled Lisa to sit beside her. "Manager Niki, this is my husband, Lisa. Lili, this is Manager Niki. She is my ex-boyfriend's cousin. We are old friends, so she's just asking about my love life."

This was her second time to introduce him to others as her husband.

This simple title carried a lot of weight in his heart, and he got deeply addicted to it.

Niki's gaze fell on Lisa. She tried to pry some secrets from his handsome face, but she failed.

"Manager Niki," Lisa greeted with a nod.

He heard Jennie's words just now, so he understood that Niki was trying to make things difficult for her.

It seemed that Niki still cared about Jennie's love life. Was she thinking that Jennie came here for Kai?

Niki smiled gently. "Well, let's have lunch together."

If Jennie was really already married, then so be it. Director Baizen had a hard time choosing the right person to represent their company, so she decided not to interfere.

But she couldn't help looking at Lisa up and down. She had seen countless men in the entertainment industry, but she had never seen someone as handsome as him.

None of them had the same aura as him.

Who on earth was he?

"Mr. Lisa, what do you do?" Niki asked. Since Lisa arrived, he had piqued her interest. Her eyes that previously looked indifferent were now filled with enthusiasm.

Although Niki was no longer young, she was good-looking. With her long black hair and the embroidered cheongsam she was wearing, she looked like a perfect oriental beauty.

However, Lisa was not interested in her. After greeting her, all his attention had been on Jennie all the time.

When he heard her question, he looked at her and answered, "Just some ordinary job. It's nothing worth mentioning. I work as a driver in LM Group."

"A driver?" It turned out that he was just a driver. Niki was a little disappointed. It was a pity that such an excellent-looking man like him only ended up as a driver.

But then, her lips curved into a charming smile. She thought that Jennie had abandoned Kai and found herself an outstanding man. It turned out that she just married a driver.

She was a little stunned, but she smiled with satisfaction. As long as Jennie didn't live a good life, she would be satisfied. And now that Chanel had given Jennie a chance, she felt like it was her who gave this blessing to Jennie.

Niki handed the menu to Lisa and said, "Mr. Lisa, please order whatever you like."

They were in a high-end French restaurant, and the menu was all in French. Besides, the names of the dishes were complicated. And there were no pictures to give the customers clues.

She was sure that even if he could understand English, he couldn't understand French.

If he was not careful enough, he might end up ordering a bunch of spices, seasonings, or drinks. He would become a laughingstock in the entire restaurant.

Jennie knew that Niki was trying to humiliate Lisa. Niki must really believe that he was not decent enough, and he didn't know how to order.

"Lili, let me order for you," she said gently, feeling a little guilty for him. Because of her, he was here being looked down upon.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot. Mr. Lisa, I didn't know that you can't understand French. If I knew, I wouldn't have chosen this restaurant," Niki said with an apologetic smile.

But the expression on her face became more complicated. Obviously, she looked down upon Lisa, and it wasn't hard for Jennie to notice it.

Actually, she thought that she didn't need to step down to Lisa and Jennie's level and give them a hard time. Her status, age, and cultivation were different from young people.

However, Niki only wanted to remind Jennie that she had made a terrible choice when she gave up Kai.

Lisa's expression didn't change at all. It was as if he didn't see Niki's malicious intent. He just said to Jennie in a low voice, "It's okay. I've been here with my boss before, so I know what to order."

But Jennie still felt sorry for him. So what if he was just a driver? What mattered was he was making money in a dignified way. Why must he come here to be humiliated?

She didn't really want to eat, so she suddenly stood up.

But Lisa grabbed her wrist and slightly shook his head. He seemed to have seen through her, so his obsidian-like eyes stared at her.

He didn't want to waste her efforts of coming here. Chanel was a good brand, and this chance was good for her to develop her career overseas.

________________________________________
Don't vote.