Chapter 103

Mrs. Manoban really hoped that her son could have feelings for Somi, but she didn’t dare to arrange a meeting between the two of them directly.

It was a coincidence to meet Somi today. She hoped that this coincidence could change her son’s mind a little.

“Lisa, I’ve ordered some dishes. Do you have anything to add?” Mrs. Manoban handed the menu to Lisa.

“That’s it.” Lisa didn’t take over the menu.

Mrs. Manoban took back the menu awkwardly.

Luca sat next to Somi. He always liked to talk, but he also sensed his daddy’s unhappiness, so he kept his mouth shut.

In fact, he didn’t like to see Somi, but his grandmother said that she was mommy’s sister and it was good to see her.

As for the word “mommy”, it didn’t mean anything to Luca. He just knew that everyone had mommy, but he didn’t.

In the past, Luca always thought that it would be good if he had a mother, but he had never been able to portray a specific image of a mother in his mind. Because he didn’t know anything at all about a mother.

Especially after he had Jen Jen, he hadn’t thought about his mother for a long time.

No, no, no. He shook his head. He was going to marry Jen Jen. How could he take Jen Jen as his mommy?

The dishes were served soon.

Somi picked up a shrimp for Luca and said, “Luca, eat more.”

She loved Luca’s cute face. His face was so cute that it could arouse her desire to protect him in her heart.

After saying “thank you”, Luca lowered his head to eat.

In fact, Somi was a little disappointed. She always wanted to have a good relationship with Luca. However, this child looked very soft and cute, but in fact, he rarely talked to her too much. He was as aloof as Lisa.

“Mr. Lisa, let’s have the meal.” Somi kindly reminded Lisa when she saw that he didn’t take his chopsticks.

Lisa frowned slightly.

“Come on, it’s time to eat now.” Mrs. Manoban greeted Somi with a smile.

Everyone was eating in silence. Liaa didn’t eat much. Luca was also aloof.

Somi knew that the father and son didn’t like her, so she said after eating something, “Auntie, I have something to do, so I have to go now.”

“Okay, go ahead with your work,” Mrs. Manoban said with a smile.

Luca waved at her with the same cold expression as Lisa’s.

Mrs. Manoban looked at her son and grandson and criticized them. But she also knew that she couldn’t force them.

After getting in the car, Mrs. Manoban said with a smile, “Lisa, Somi said that her father’s birthday party would be held next month. At that time, we can also prepare a gift and go there to congratulate him. Anyway, we can’t be too rude.”

Since Lisa had to drive, he cheered up and heard his mother’s words.

He said in a low voice, “Didn’t you say before that Luca and I had nothing to do with her family?”

Mrs. Manoban was speechless.

Although that was the case, she still wanted to seek to change.

Lisa knew that his mother had been choosing the right person for him. Except for Somi, his mother also introduced other women to him.

If he didn’t have Luca, he might be able to maintain a basic social contact with the Jeon family. But now he had Luca. If he still maintained social connections with the Jeon family, it was inevitable for other people to have some ambiguous conjectures.

He said calmly, “Mom, my wife is back. You don’t need to introduce anyone else to me.”

“Your wife?” Mrs. Manoban was stunned. Did this woman really exist?

“Yes. But she is too busy to meet you for the time being. When the time is right, I’ll arrange a meeting for you,” Lisa said calmly.

Mrs. Manoban was both happy and worried. She was glad that her son really had a marriage before, not lying to her. The woman really existed.

The problem was that she didn’t know who this woman was and what kind of person the woman was. She didn’t know if the woman was good enough for her son.

Moreover, if she married her son, she would be the lady of the Manoban family.

Mrs. Manoban only had Lisa as her own son. She would never want her son to marry a woman who was not perfect.

Mrs. Manoban asked, “What does she do?”

If the woman was the daughter of a family she had known for many years, she would be relieved. At least, it should be the woman with a clean family background and outstanding personal ability.

“She is a model. So I don’t want you to introduce other women to me and cause her misunderstanding. Mom, I have been married to her for five years and we have always been in a good relationship. You don’t want to see me quarrel with your daughter-in-law, do you?” Lisa said calmly.

Mrs. Manoban certainly didn’t want her son to live a restless life.

However, when she heard that her son’s wife was a model, her mind was full of gossip in the entertainment industry, such as those hidden rules—female stars got money and resources through sleeping with some big bosses. Besides, slander was also very common in entertainment industry. Even at her age, as long as she surfed the internet and checked her mobile phone, she could see such news every day.

“When will she finish this job?” Mrs. Manoban asked.

“What?”

Mrs. Manoban said, “Entertainment industry is a very complicated area. The job she has been doing will bring you and the Manoban family criticism. Besides, that kind of job was also for young people. She couldn’t have been in that industry all the time, could she? I think she should quit her job and help you.”

“No, she can do whatever she likes.” Lisa didn’t want to interfere with Jennie’s choice and work.

He would support her wherever she liked.

Mrs. Manoban was obviously very disappointed. She hadn’t seen her daughter-in-law for five years, which had already made her very dissatisfied with her daughter-in-law. Now her daughter-in-law still wanted to stay in that industry and refused to quit that area.

Mrs. Manoban couldn’t help losing her temper and said, “Do you still know how to respect elders? You two have been married for five years, but she still hasn’t met the family even once. Why didn’t she propose to meet the family? What is she thinking?”

She always respected her son’s personal decisions and was always gentle to her son.

So these words were already very harsh.

Lisa nodded. “I’m sorry, mom. It’s all my fault. I didn’t bring her back before. It has nothing to do with her. It’s my fault. I didn’t make up my mind before.”

In a few words, Lisa shouldered all the responsibilities.

Sure enough, when Mrs. Manoban heard that it was her son’s responsibility, she couldn’t say anything more.

She sighed and said, “Okay, then you can find a time to go home for dinner.”

After seeing Mrs. Manoban off, Lisa left Luca to Aunt Hwang. Then he went to the company.

He turned on the computer and hesitated for a while. In the end, he decided to learn more about Jennie’s previous life in the Paris

As her husband, he hadn’t done enough in the past five years.

_______________________________________
Don't vote.