Chapter 20

As soon as Jennie got in the car, it followed the nanny van unhurriedly.

She looked out the window at the strange yet familiar landscape.

She had lived in this city for eighteen years, so a lot of places were still familiar to her. However, as the world kept changing, there were also many new details different from what she remembered.

As she was deep in thought, the car continued to move.

When Jennie came to her senses, she suddenly saw a forest surrounded by winding mountain roads through the window. Surprised, she asked, "Sir, which road did you take?"

"Karina just said that there was a traffic jam ahead and asked us to change the route, Miss Jennie." The driver said confidently, "Don't worry. I'm very familiar with these roads in the mountain. You'll get there in time."

As she heard this, Jennie was a little relieved. She knew she could also reach the destination in this way.

After checking her watch, she was glad to find there should be enough time.

However, before Jennie could rest assured, the car suddenly stopped with a click.

The driver hurriedly said, "I'll get out to have a look."

Jennie also got off the car and found herself standing on the hillside road, surrounded by an empty area. The sky was already getting dark as the sun was setting in the distance.

"How is it going?" Jennie asked.

"It broke down. There's something wrong with the circuit. I can't start the car." With a guilty look on his face, the driver apologized, "I'm sorry, Miss Jennie. I didn't expect that would happen."

Jennie knew that wasn't an accident. Whether the man was innocent or not, she didn't care at the moment.

After Jennie passed the first test, she gained benefits that weren't only for herself but for the company as well. She didn't expect that Karina would dare to mess with the company's affairs!

"Miss Jennie, I called a towing company. But since here's so remote, and it's also the rush hour..." the driver said apologetically.

Jenni then pulled her phone out and opened the app to call a taxi. After entering the destination, she realized she was in a far more remote place than she had imagined. If someone really came to pick her up, she wouldn't get to her test in time.

Besides, it was the rush hour. In the application, the map was almost entirely red, which indicated that all roads were currently congested.

In fact, if a driver took the order, he might not be able to get to her soon.

Jennie looked around and found that there was not even a shared bicycle in this damned place.

When she didn't know what else to do, a man's stern face suddenly popped into her mind.

As a full-time driver, he should be quite familiar with the roads and traffic conditions in Jingdu City. Maybe he would know a way to get her out of there in time.

Without any hesitation, Jennie grabbed her phone again and dialed Lisa's number.

She prayed that he wouldn't be too busy at the moment and didn't have to pick up his boss.

If she missed this opportunity, it might take a long time for another one to come. Other people could afford to wait, but she couldn't. Every second was way too precious to her.

Meanwhile, Lisa was unconsciously running his finger across his phone's screen.

Three days had passed, but he never received another order from the taxi apps. Also, Jennie hadn't contacted him yet.

Hadn't she agreed to get to know each other?

Lisa's eyes darkened.

As he was about to put his phone away, a series of numbers flashed on the screen. Although there was no caller ID, Lisa knew those numbers by heart!

Just as Jennie began to worry about whether Lisa would pick up the phone or not, his voice came as soon as the call was connected. She didn't even have the time to react.

"Jennie," the man on the other end of the line said in a calm and sexy voice, which was inexplicably reassuring through the electric current.

"Mr. Lisa, can you pick me up? I'm in a hurry, but I'm trapped in a very remote place. There is a heavy traffic jam, and it will be too late for me if I have to wait for a taxi!" Jennie pleaded. He was her last hope.

"Send me your location. Don't worry. I'll come as soon as possible. Wait for me." Without hesitation, Lisa stood up and strode out of the office.

Jennie was slightly relieved. Lisa's words sounded magical, with a soothing effect on her.

The driver was still busy trying to fix his car. Jennie didn't blame him, nor did she continue to talk to him.

In such a remote place, she'd better protect herself.

But as time ticked, Jennie became more and more nervous.

Would Lisa get there in time?

She checked her watch. Even if he couldn't come, she wouldn't blame him. At this hour, with such a traffic jam, it would be difficult for anyone to get to her.

Karina and Krystal really knew what they were doing!

As she waited for Lisa to arrive, Jennie leaned against the car door and looked at Jingdu City's view. It was sunset, but the whole city was already lit up with neon lights.

She sighed softly.

In the end, it didn't take too long for Lisa to get to her. Knowing that she was in a hurry, he didn't drive his car but took the motorcycle that had been lying in the garage for a long time. Then he rushed to her location as fast as he could.

However, as Jennie was deep in thought, she didn't notice him coming.

The woman was in a tight and short dress, which revealed the perfect outline of her shoulders and collarbones.

In high heels, her two long, pale, slender legs became even more prominent. Feeling the breeze against her face, she was so beautiful that she looked more like a picture than a real person.

"Jennie, come!"

Hearing Lisa's voice, Jennie turned around immediately. The man came on a super cool motorcycle, like a knight in his shining armor, stretching out his long arm to her.

Jennie ran towards him happily. She really didn't expect him to show up so soon.

With his help, she jumped on his bike, took the helmet from his hand, and put it on.

"Hold me tight." Lisa put her slender arms around his waist and stepped on the gas. The motorcycle then flew out like an arrow.

Jennie yelled in surprise. After all, she was on a speedy motorcycle on a winding mountain road. But at the same time that her heart jumped out of her chest, she also wanted to laugh with excitement.

He really knew how to amaze her!

A faint smile appeared on Lisa's face. He was glad to help her.

After he had picked up his princess, he rode his motorcycle through the mountain road expertly and soon arrived at the traffic jam in the city.

Although there were many cars in the way, Lisa's bike seemed to run on an empty road.

On the top floor of Park Hyatt Hotel.

At this moment, nineteen models from S Country entered the venue.

After passing the first test, the women were all considered top models in S Country.

In today's interview, the body figure was no longer the focus of the jury.

Every model who got in this round had an impeccable figure, even though they all came in different shapes.

Now, each of them should show their unique charm, which was the main thing that Orisa wanted to show the public.

_________________________________________
Don't vote.