Chapter 31

They spent the majority of the afternoon watching movies with Mark's mother before they had to leave for college after dinner.

Donghyuck had helped Mark's mother clean up the dishes after they ate before they were about to leave.

He even answered Professor Qian's email, signing the online form he had to and he was scheduled for an audition tomorrow.

"I'm going to miss you so much. Good luck with school," Mark's mother stated as she embraced her son and kissed his cheeks multiple times which made the older giggle.

"I'll miss you more, ma," Mark responded, kissing the top of her head before letting go so that his mother can give a hug to Donghyuck.

"It was wonderful seeing you again and with my son," Mark's mother smiled as she and Donghyuck hugged, her pulling away to kiss the younger's cheek.

"Thank you for allowing me over," Donghyuck respectfully said with politeness.

"You're welcome here anytime, dear," Mark's mother assured the younger who nodded before the two of them said their final goodbyes and exited the house, closing the door behind them.

Donghyuck was currently dressed in one of Mark's long sleeved white button up shirts that was long enough on the sleeves to make paws paired with his black pants

Mark was dressed in khakis and a tight black shirt that complimented his muscles nicely while a jacket was tied around his waist.

Donghyuck was walking towards the car but was stopped when Mark held his hand and pulled the younger.

"I want to bring you here first," Mark stated as he interlocked their fingers and guided Donghyuck into the sunflower field.

The sun was beginning to set and it looked like the ball of heat was rest on top of the flowers, illuminating the sky with a pinkish orange color.

Donghyuck gasped at the beautiful scenery before him as he tightened his hold on Mark's hand, showing his amusement.

Mark kept walking until they reached the path, sunflowers on each side of the path that were as tall as the measurements from their feet to their calves.

The older untied his jacket from his waist as he let go of Donghyuck's hand to lay it on the floor, sitting down with his legs open for Donghyuck to sit between them.

Donghyuck smiled excitingly as he plopped between Mark's thighs, leaning his back on his boyfriend's body while Mark's arms loosely hung around the younger's neck.

"Mark this is so beautiful," Donghyuck smiled brightly as Mark kissed the back of his head and hummed.

"It is. I've been wanting to take you to my mom's house ever since she got it just so I could watch the sunset with you here," Mark admitted as Donghyuck played with the older's fingers that rested on his stomach.

"Really?" Donghyuck asked, his eyes glossy.

"Yeah. I know you love sunflowers so I thought it would be nice to do," Mark dreamily said, but slightly panicked. "I-if you don't like sunflowers anymore, we can g-"

Donghyuck turned his head to the side to look up at Mark and connect their lips together for a few seconds before pulling away with a bashful smile.

"It's perfect, Mark. You know me so well," Donghyuck honestly said as Mark let out a breath in content, smiling widely and placing a soft chaste kiss on his boyfriend's forehead.

It really was perfect and Donghyuck could not ask for anything more. He was incredibly grateful to have Mark by his side.

The two of them sat in comfortable silence as they watched the sun set, until it was not seen anymore.