Chapter 8

As Donghyuck suspected, Mark had not shown up to his morning class. Donghyuck felt guilty for getting Mark sick. He seriously could have gotten Mark admitted to the hospital.

"Alright class is over. Please hand in your homework at the front of the room and I'll see you next week," the professor spoke bubbly.

Donghyuck had one more class today which was at four, his advanced computers class. The brown haired male was dreading it.

Packing his things away in his bag, Donghyuck made sure to rip out his homework from his notebook and strip away the fuzzy side of the paper.

He stood up, throwing his bag over his shoulders as he walked up to the front of the room and placed his homework on the desk.

Instead of getting something to eat once he exited the classroom, Donghyuck headed back to the dorms to check on Mark like the good person he is.

He had received texts from Jaemin asking why he was not in the cafeteria to which Donghyuck responded with he had things to take care of.

Standing in front of Mark's dorm door, the brown haired male was having second thoughts. He brought his knuckles, hesitating to knock on the door.

"But what if he left? Or what if he's sleeping?" Donghyuck thought to himself before shaking his head.

"Wait why should I care? I'll wake him up if I have to. He doesn't deserve perfect treatment," Donghyuck told himself before knocking on Mark's door.

There was no answer.

Instead of knocking again, Donghyuck walked into his own room with his key card and put his bag down. He opened his bathroom door and to Donghyuck's luck and surprise, Mark's was still cracked open.

He walked through the bathroom and pushed Mark's bathroom door wider so that he can walk in. He tip toed inside the older's room and looked around, finding the taller asleep in his bed.

"He looks so pretty and peaceful," Donghyuck thought to himself as he got closer until he was standing right in front of the older's bed. He giggled a bit as the older's brows were furrowed, wanting to relax them.

He slowly reached out his hand to move a tuft of hair, but quickly retracted it and cursed in his mind. Mark's face still looked a bit flushed and his lips were pale. Donghyuck placed his palm on Mark's forehead, his skin burning.

"Oh my gosh. He's on fire!" Donghyuck panicked as he quickly stood up to go back into his room.

He grabbed a bowl, filling it with cool water in the bathroom sink and grabbing a rag. He soaked the rag in the bowl of water and brought the bowl with him to Mark's room.

He set the bowl aside on Mark's nightstand beside his bed. He grabbed the rag from the cool water, ringing out the excess liquid from it. He lifted Mark's hair that was resting on his forehead and placed the cool towel on it.

He damped Mark's skin gently and moved from his face to his neck and to his arms. Mark was still out of it and asleep to even be aware that Donghyuck was taking care of him.

Or so he thought.

"Mm," Mark groaned in his sleep, his eyes squinting open but his vision was too blurry to see the younger in front of him.

Donghyuck froze to look at the male in front of him. He folded the rag and laid it over Mark's forehead, his hands slowly covering the older's eyes.

"Shh, go back to sleep," Donghyuck whispered to which Mark hummed tiredly as the younger slowly removed his hand.