Chapter 22

Tw//homophobia and slight abuse

*fourteen years ago*

Five year old little Mark Lee was sitting alone on an alphabet rug, playing with toy cars.

Mark was never a talker when he was younger, but that all changed when a certain bubbly boy entered his Kindergarten class.

The young black haired boy watched as a small tanned boy interacted with everyone, constantly switching games to make sure no one felt left out.

"Donghyuck! Play over here!" Some other kids chanted as the tanned boy wore a bright smile and skipped his way over to play with them for a few minutes.

There, five year old Mark, admired the boy and felt a sort of jealousy. He wanted Donghyuck to play with him and only him.

And it seemed like his thoughts were brought to life as Donghyuck stood in front of Mark in his black shorts and duckie T shirt.

"Why you play alone?" Donghyuck cutely asked, his head tiling to the side as Mark only shrugged.

"I'll play with you!" Donghyuck giggled and plopped his small body on the rug beside Mark.

Mark did not say anything and instead stared at the boy while handing him a toy car, the other taking it happily.

Mark portrayed a smile on his lips as Donghyuck played with the toy car, rolling it around them and even rolling it on Mark's arms which made him giggle.

One could say that Donghyuck had a very creative imagination and Mark truly loved it. Every single day, Donghyuck did something that surprised him.

Once, the teachers brought in a toy microphone to play with and sing karaoke. Donghyuck had been struggling to grab the microphone because other kids were hogging it and that made Mark angry.

So Mark took it upon himself to snatch the microphone from some girl who thought could sing but made his ears bleed and handed it to Donghyuck.

The black haired boy stared at the tanned male in awe as Donghyuck sang beautifully. Call him biased, but Mark thought the younger had the best voice in the whole wide world.

Another time, the teachers brought in some new paints for the kids to make a picture for their families.

Donghyuck had been seated next to Mark, painting away with his brush as Mark looked at his own painting which was just of a lopsided house.

Donghyuck's however, was a picture of a big sunflower and that was when Mark found out that his favorite flower was that one.

"Wow! That's very nice! You like sunflowers, don't you, Donghyuck?" The teacher praised the tanned boy who gave a cheesy grin.

"I like all flowers! But this one is my favorite,"Donghyuck giggled as Mark silently enjoyed the younger's laughter.

That very same day, they were able to play outside for recess and Mark had picked dandelions from the grass.

Sure it was not a sunflower, but it was the only flower Mark had access to for being five years old.

He walked with the flowers grasped in front of his tummy over to Donghyuck who played with barbie dolls with some of the girls.

"Why are you holding flowers?" One of the girls asked but Mark did not want to speak as Donghyuck's head raised to look at the other with a smile.