"Is he okay?" I walk over.

"If you can believe it, all this crying is a good sign. The doctor said he's perfectly healthy."

"When does child services come and take him?"

"They're not. They don't have room for him yet, so he's going to stay in the hospital until they do."

"He's not staying here and he's not going into Child Services. He's coming with me." I gently take the baby from Martha and it stops crying, making my eyes water.

           •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Detective Brady is present." Chloe says as I enter the Torch with my hood over my head.

"Sorry I'm late." I rasp out. "Got caught up."

"Yeah, the eye bags give it away. Did you sleep?" Clark asks.

"I'm fine." I crack open the window and I peak my head out to get rid of the nausea.

"You didn't answer my question." He walks over to me from the corner of my eye.

"Wanna play a game of fuck off? You go first." I keep my eyes forward.

"If you need any help I could come over."

"I'm fine."

"Brianna-"

"I said I'm fine, Kent. Just back away." I thickly swallow before closing my eyes.

"Are you sick?" Chloe questions.

"I'm fine." I repeat.

"I'll pick up some formula on the way." Clark goes on.

"Remember that game of fuck off I told you about? I don't think you understood the rules."

"And diapers. And ginger for the nausea."

"You're losing terribly here, Kent."

"Okay. Before you start picking out the schools for the little tyke, you might wanna hear this." Chloe speaks up. "I'll just play the audio for you, Brianna."

"Appreciate it, Chloe." I continue to keep my eyes forward and my mouth is still filled with saliva.

"I had my contact at emergency services run a check of all the 911 calls made around the time that you found the baby. This one kind of stuck out."

Chloe plays the recording on her computer. We hear the baby's father screaming into the phone as Karen whimpers in pain in the background.

"What the hell's the matter with you people? This is an emergency!" A man says.

"It's too late! It's too late! It's coming! It's coming! Ah!" A woman screams.

"No! No, don't leave me, please!"

"Did he just leave her there?" Clark wonders.

"If he did, he might still be alive." I reply.

"From the sounds of this, the mother wasn't as lucky." Chloe tells me.

"She didn't even get to see her own baby." I whisper.

"But the baby survived. How is that possible?"

"Can you trace this call back to the cell phone?"

"I can try."

"If this is the father, he might have some answers for us." I turn and grab the cup from her desk and drink from it.