Chapter 62: I'm You And You Are Me...

"Who are you!" Shouted Issei as he assumed a battle stance ready to fight if needed.

The man on the throne had darkness oozing off of his body like a miasma. The man was covered with pure black armor with red details and his head was covered with a black hood.

The person finally looked up and shocked Issei to the core as he saw his own face only with black hair, and red, sharp glowing eyes, it was as if he was looking at a mirror.

(Art is not mine)

"Just what the hell is the meaning of this..." Whispered Issei to himself after taking a step back.

"Welcome Issei, to the deepest parts of your soul" Spoke the man with a calm voice as he simply stared at Issei with a stoic expression.

"Wh-who are you?" Asked Issei still shocked seeing this bizarre scene.

"I'm you"

"What nonsense are you spouting?" Asked Issei.

"What I'm saying is true, I am you and you are me, we who are born in darkness, we who are cursed by fate itself to suffer, to grow stronger, to become darkness itself.

"I don't... I don't understand..."

"I'm a prince, prince of darkness, and since I am you and you are me that makes you prince of darkness, who one day will become the king of all"

"Can you explain normally? I'm just getting more questions in my head than answers, what is this bullshit!? prince of darkness!? king of all!? me!?" Shouted Issei as he was slowly losing his cool.

"Yes, you, who shall become darkness itself and grow stronger to become the king"

Issei just stared at his other self not knowing what to do nor how to answer but the dark Issei answers for him.

"I know this is confusing and out of nowhere but trust me when I say that you won't be happy for too long, be careful and be ready..."

"Ready for what?" Asked Issei all thought hesitantly.

"Be ready to suffer" Said Dark Issei as a few layers of chains snapped and fell on the ground loosening the man as Issei's hair turned black and eyes red unknown to him.

"After all, I am the reason why you are still alive and have the strength to achieve the impossible but if you don't accept me as part of you if you don't accept your fate to become a king then be sure to suffer and regret not releasing me from these chains... after all, I am part of you and without me... you'll suffer even more"

"Just what-"

"Times up... I hope that you... will be smart enough to accept me as part of you... otherwise, you won't be strong enough to protect anyone, soon enough... you'll understand" Said Dark Issei as Issei's consciousness started to leave his own soul.