Chapter 44: The taste of karma is sweat...

"So I take it you are the queen?" Asked Issei.

"Yes, my name is Mirellia Q Melromarc, and I'm the queen of Melromarc" Introduced herself the queen.

"Thank you for letting Issei stay in this private clinic to recover" Thanked Raphtalia with a small bow.

"Well it's no problem really, all heroes should be treated well because they keep the waves of catastrophe away" Said Mirellia.

"Oh yeah? well I wouldn't say that I was treated that well, I was framed for the things I haven't done, people hated me because of these fake crimes, they were scared of me" Said Issei as he lowered his head slightly.

"I owe you an explanation" Said Mirellia.

"I was far away from Melromarc in the international forum with the other world leaders to determine best way to fight the upcoming waves, but that took a turn, at the forum we decided that the major nations will summon a hero each, then all four of us would be able to work together to fight the waves" Exained the queen.

"But by the time we made our decision, Melromarc's temporal leaders had already summoned all four Cardinal heroes, this made other nations furious, which made me travel the world to put out the fires" Explained the queen.

"So they did that on their own accord Huh? not surprising" Said Issei.

"So...what now?" Asked Issei.

"Now I want to apologize for my husband's and step-daughter's wrongdoings and I promise you, I'll clear your name and end this humiliation, it lasted for far too long" Said the queen as she bowed her head slightly.

Raphtalia became extremely happy because issei's name will be cleared.

"No need to bow for a queen but...I thought that Myne is your daughter not step-daughter" Said Issei.

"Well....long time ago, the king had a wife and two daughters, there was a brutal war in which his wife and one of the daughters died.

Years later, he re-maried to me and I became Myne's stepmother but.....we always were like the biggest enemies, she always hated Melty and me, I thought that I would try to get us along but nothing worked and I stared to hate her too because one day she just crossed the line.....she hurt Melty with a sword that was on the wall as a decoration, and now Melty has a big scar on her back..." Explained the queen as some tears came out.

"It's alright mother, I'm fine now so don't cry" Said Melty as she hugged her mother.

The queen just smiled as she stroked her hair a little.

"By the way, you will be awarded for all the times you defended this Kingdom from the waves and took care of the three heroes church, you'll get five hundred gold pieces" Said Mirellia.

"Wow that much?" Asked Issei stunned.

"Yes, you will be awarded that much" Said Mirellia as she giggled a bit.

"Ummm....I want to ask something" Said Raphtalia.

"Yes, what would that be young lady?" Asked Mirellia with a smile.

"Did....did the Sword hero and the Bow hero really die?" Asked Raphtalia and the atmosphere in the room darkened.

"Unfortunately yes, they did die...we don't have much information but.....we know that it was the church's and probably Myne's doings" Said Mirellia.

"Oh, I see..." Said Raphtalia.

"So what will we do about the king and his daughter? we can't just let them go like this" Asked Kiyomi with her arms crossed as she was angry hearing about that world's mistake.