Chapter 30: The first wave

A week and a half passed since the cave incident. Issei and Raphtalia leveled up quite a bit and he unlocked more shields that he even lost count of.

He unlocked a new skill called shield prison that traps an enemy in a green looking ball made of a bunch of shields which are wrapped into green chains. Issei has used shadow chains too to reinforce the shield prison and it worked perfectly.

Right now they both are at the same good old weaponry shop.

"Wow! I hardly recognized you. You turned into a young pretty lady" Said Agil.

"Hmmm?" Issei let out a confused sound as he looked at Raphtalia.

"You haven't come here in a while what have you been up to?" Asked Agil.

"We hunted some monsters and leveled up and made medicine, we sometimes train in the mornings too like doing jogs push-ups and stuff" Said Raphtalia as she lifted her arm to show some muscle growth.

"Huh, I see you really grew up, earlier you used to be a peep-squek" Said Agil with a chuckle but Raphtalia pouted. It seemed cute to Issei.

"Actually I'm surprised how fast she's growing" Said Issei.

"Demi-humas age differently from humans. They age as they level up so by now I'm eighteen" Explained Raphtalia.

"That's interesting" Said Issei.

"Alright that's enough, we came here to buy issei some armor maybe you have some recommendations?" Said Raphtalia.

"Wait, we are here to get you some equipment" Said Issei.

"I'm glad that you worry about me Ise, but you need some protection too or you might die" Said Raphtalia as she took out a sword and pointed at Issei.

'But I have my armor' Thought issei about his balance breaker

"This sword is really sharp" Said Raphtalia.

"It's made from magic iron, like it?" Said Agil.

"What kind of discount could you give us?" Asked Raphtalia.

"Don't worry about that, anything for the young lady" Said Agil.

"We can spend about two hundred silver" Said Raphtalia.

"Alright so how about this?" Asked Agil as he showed a full knight armor.

"Ehhh, it's not really my style" Said Issei.

"Then I can make a special order by making something with whatever I got I may finish by tomorrow" Said Agil.

Raphtalia then grabbed Agil's hands and looked at him with puppy eyes.

"Please, please do!" Pleaded Raphtalia.

.....IN THE INN.....

"Wasn't it nice for him to give us a discount on this sword and your custom armor?" Asked Raphtalia while holding the sharp sword while walking behind Issei.

"Sure" Said Issei as they both sat down and the waiter came up to them.

"Ready to order?" Asked the waiter.

"I'll have the cheapest lunch and she will have children's launch" Said Issei but Raphtalia stood up with a pout and slammed her hands on the table.

"Ise! I'm not a kid anymore! That's the last I wanna hear about! So I'll have the cheapest lunch too and make it quick!" Shouted Raphtalia.

"R-right" Answered the waiter and left.

'That's right, I forgot that she said she's eighteen by now' Thought Issei.