Chapter 38: They found us...

"So what is going on in the town?" Asked Issei as he came back to their camp in the forest with a deer on his shoulder.

"The images of us kidnapping Melty and killing the guards spread to almost all of the villages and towns there's almost nowhere else to go" Said Raphtalia.

"I wonder why they would try and kill you Melty it doesn't make any sense.....unless!" Said Issei.

"Yes it's my sister she wants to become the crowned princess again" Said Melty saddened.

Raphtalia hugged her to comfort her.

'Actually I was thinking that the king ordered all this nonsense but her reason makes more sense' Thought Issei.

"Somehow that doesn't surprise me at all" Said Issei as he sat down after he put the deer aside.

"She always was troublesome and I was the opposite of her so that's why I became the crowned princess and not her despite me being younger than her" Explained Melty.

"But even if your sister wants you dead that doesn't mean that the king wasn't in the middle of everything because I know that these guards are under the king's direct command and it would make sense if he wanted to frame me once again" Said Issei.

"That's not true father would never go this low!" Shouted Melty as she stood up.

"Calm down Melty it might be true they did that once already to him I wouldn't be surprised either" Said Raphtalia.

Melty teared up.

"Don't worry we don't know for sure if he is behind all this it's just a hunch" Said Issei as he hugged her and stoked her hair gently to calm her down.

Not much time went by and Melty fell asleep Raphtalia went to sleep soon after while Issei went to check the area once more before going to sleep himself.

He stopped at a cliff.

"You alright brother?" Asked Ddraig out loud.

"Yeah I guess...it's just so annoying first they interrupt my vacation with ma best buddy then they beg us for help and later they frame me for fucking nothing, it's pissing me off!" Shouted Issei.

"I know brother, but two more waves and you'll be free and we will be able to return to our original world, and you'll meet your mates and friends once again" Reassured him his brother.

"Yeah, hopefully it ends quickly" Said Issei as he turned around and went back to the camp.

Morning came and everyone woke up to see Issei done cooking some deer stew.

"Oh, morning you two" Said Issei as he poured some stew into wooden bowls.

"Morning Issei" Greeted Raphtalia as she took the bowl.

"Yeah morning" Said Melty as she reluctantly took the bowl.

"Now listen here, me and Raphtalia have to leave the country, so I'm gonna ask you this, what will you do?" Asked Issei.

"Well, I'll just return to the capital and explain everything to fath-" Said Melty but issei cut her off.

"That's just stupid, you'll get killed the moment you get there" Said Issei, Melty wanted to argue but Issei didn't stop there.

"But if you were to come with us then I'll keep you safe and that's a promise" Said Issei as he continued to eat his stew.

After a couple of minutes of thinking she answered.

"Alright then, I'll come with you" Said Melty.

"Good, then we will leave in an hour, it's day time now so I'll either have to fly above the clouds so people won't see us or use illusion magic to hide us from people" Said Issei.