088. the real lex luthor

Start from the beginning

"You wish." I cross my arms.

"So, sprinkles and a cherry, right?" Clark gets up.

"No, your mother." My phone rings. "Hey, Chloe."

                   •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Lex!" I enter the room. "We got Chloe's call. Are you okay?" I examine him.

"Brianna, I'm fine." Lex holds my wrist. "Can't say the same for you." He gently turns my head to reveal the scratch marks on my neck. "That's either from a cat,
or a bad guy."

"Correct."

"Brianna, what happened?" Chloe grabs a cotton ball from the tray and dabs the side of my neck.

"I won." I scoff.

"Yeah, clearly."

"Glad you're 20/20 vision is still in check. But I'm fine, really. It's just a scratch." I pull away from her.

"How did you know I was here?" Lex questions.

"One of your EMTs is a friend of mine. She said there was an explosion at LuthorCorp?" Chloe informs.

"What happened?" Clark asks.

"We were conducting an experiment." Lex replies.

"Well, I'm guessing it didn't go well." I tell him.

"Not exactly as I hoped, but it was worth the risk."

"I'm sure it was...to LuthorCorp's bottom line." Chloe comments.

"To the world, Chloe. Look, why don't the two of you come with me to the lab, and I'll show you what Doctor Sinclair and I have been working on?" Lex suggests. "I really think you're gonna like this one. And you're gonna go back to work." He looks at me before standing up.

"If you think I'm gonna listen to you, you're crazy. Lead the way." I hand him his coat before leaving the room.

"Brianna, wait." Chloe stops me. "I'm not buying any story from a Luthor without corroboration. So I'm gonna go talk to Doctor Sinclair and find out what he has to say about this."

"Okay. I'll check out the lab with Lex."

"We will." Clark walks over.

"Fine." I roll my eyes.

"Just be careful, okay? I mean, no matter what he says, LuthorCorp experiments never end well." Chloe grips my shoulder.

"I know, Chloe." I nod. "Where's Miles?"

"Over at the military base with Lois. How's the GCPD?"

"Turns out I hate even more people."

"That sounds great."

"You have no idea how much." I pat her arm before walking down the hallway.

"You sure okay?" Clark now walks beside me.

"Yeah, why?"

"You're fidgeting. You were back at the house too."

"I'm fine. Just a rough case the past few days. But it worked out. Everything's fine." I take out my phone to check for any calls from Jim or Bruce.

"Are you gonna be at prom?" Clark wonders.

"Like I told Lana, I'm probably not gonna make it."