I discarded my jacket and placed it on one of the barstools. Maya eyed my every action curiously. “And why is it that you brought me here…into the kitchen specifically?” she inquired, almost sarcastically. I guess it was just in her nature.

I smiled at her and took off to aprons from a nearby hook. “You’re going to teach me how to make pancakes,” I beamed at her and she blinked twice.

“You’ve got to be kidding me! You wanted me to make breakfast for you? Why can’t you just watch a video on YouTube or something!” she exclaimed. I went over to her and put the top of the apron over her head. Her sweet scent invaded my nostrils, almost knocking out my senses.

By now, my smile was a full-blown grin. “And why would I do that when you’re the master? I’d rather learn from the best rather than settle for mediocre standards,” I quipped with mirth but all she did was glare at me before stepping away from me.

She knotted the apron behind her back, while I followed suit. “Where are the ingredients?” she blew out in defeat and I mentally danced triumphantly. Hey, she could have told me to go to hell but she conceded. It’s the simple little things that make a relationship stronger; that’s what I want from her, a relationship.

I showed her were all the utensils, ingredients and appliances were. She got straight into it and began to show me one by one, the measurements needed… to the last detail. But I wasn’t paying much attention to that garbage. I’ll be frank, I didn’t give a damn about the process but I did care about who was carrying out the steps. When I attempted to make my own batter, I purposefully got everything mixed up and the way she reprimanded me for it was cute. 

She grabbed my hand and directed it over to the bowl. “I don’t understand how a business mogul like you cannot understand a simple concept such as this. I told you that you don’t beat the batter like you’re murdering it, be gentle. If you’re not gentle, you’ll ruin the consistency and it will not taste good,” she huffed, and began to whisk the contents with my hand.

I’m not sure if she was aware of our position; I was standing behind her, whilst she held my hand and the other one was on the bowl. It could be considered intimate and her proximity made my heart thump faster than usual. After she thought the consistency was right, she turned around and looked up at me. “See, was that so hard?” she said askance, eye brow quirked.

I abandoned the pancake making process and slid my hands around her waist. “Not at all, since you’re such an excellent teacher,” I murmured softly and she gulped at my action.

“W-what are you doing?” she asked in a rushed stutter, her lips trembling as I stroked her hips with my thumbs. Panic filled her eyes but underneath it, was a strong flame of desire. She wants me just as much as I want her.

I dipped my head so that my lips were a whisker away from hers. “Would you stop me if I kissed you?” I whispered, looking straight into her mesmerising honey-coloured irises. Maya stilled for a second before she pressed her lips onto mine, shocking the living daylights out of me.

Let’s just say I hadn’t been expecting for her to be the one to take charge over this kiss, but she blew my mind. She was just as fervent as I was, if not more. I felt her arms automatically wrap around my neck as her finger tips got lost in my perfectly styled hair. I didn’t hesitate in deepening the kiss by moving her lips apart with my tongue, simultaneously using my hands to lift her up by the thighs, making her wrap her legs around my waist. Not words could describe how heated the moment was getting with each passing second. 

Placing her on the counter top, I detached my lips from her and began to attack her neck with feathery kisses, to which she responded with not-so-subtle moans. Shit, this is getting so serious. I don’t think I can hold myself back any longer. “Maya, love, as much as I’d like to take you up to my room and finish this sweet encounter…I don’t think this is something the both of us should get into right now,” I resigned with a sigh, having regained my composure, creating a bit of distance between us.

I think she had also woken up from whatever daze she had been in, because a look of horror washed over her face. “Oh my gosh! I kissed you!” she shrieked and covered her mouth, which was swollen from that passion filled smooch we just shared.

“I’m not complaining,” I said nonchalantly and got a slap to the chest, which was quite painful not going to lie.

She glared at me. “This is your fault! You lured me into your house and seduced me with your stupid, sexy charm and now I’ve cheated on my boyfriend,” she spat at me, pointing a shaky finger in my face.

I scoffed. “I did not seduce you, and for the record, I genuinely called you here because I intended on having breakfast with you. But, since you added yourself to the menu, who was I to refuse such a generous offer?” I remarked with feigned innocence, and she shoved me away before jumping off the counter altogether.

She readjusted her skirt which had ridden up her thighs and ran her hands through her hair. “Let’s just finish up with the pancakes so that you can take me to work,” she huffed indignantly, but I didn’t miss the way her eyes flickered over to my lips. “And this time, keep your hands to yourself, Mr Duke,” she warned, making her way back over to our abandoned ingredients.

“I think you ought to keep your lips to yourself, Miss Knight,” I joked. She ignored me and began to pour the batter onto the girdle. 

And so, we finished prepping up the stack of pancakes, served with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, some Greek salad and orange juice. As you can imagine, we ate in silence but I could barely focus on the simple task of eating. My mind kept replaying the kiss we shared not even thirty minutes ago. Judging by her stiff posture, she was just as affected by it as I was. 

I placed my utensils down. “There is something I need to tell you.”

She didn’t bother to look at me and kept playing with the cherry tomatoes in her plate. “What are you waiting for? Just say it now.”

I shook my head. “Not now. I don’t think we have enough time. I would like to have dinner with you to have the talk.”

“You’re kidding right? I agreed to have this breakfast with you because you blackmailed me, and because of that we almost…did the deed right here in your kitchen. And now you want us to have dinner too? What could possibly go wrong?” she sniffed satirically. 

I slid my hand across the table and covered hers. “Maya, please. I’m begging you. I really need you to hear me out and only then you will be able to decide if you want me in your life or not. Whatever decision you make after that, I’ll respect it and do as you wish. So again, will you have dinner with me?” I implored sincerely, something the old me would have never done. 

With a sigh, she nodded her head. “Fine. I’ll have dinner with you.”

____________________________

Hi peoole! Another update for my sweets!

I know y'all wanted something like that to happen 😉😉😉. Did you enjoy this chapter?

Next up...drama and a bit of violence, maybe 😂

Until next week,

~Deetronite.