Chapter 12: Finally...Home

Start from the beginning

[Ugh.....this feels awkward, it's airy] It was made of cotton for sure, but the fit was just too loose. 

[You just look like.......a hillbilly from a farming land] (Nene)

[PFffffttt!!!! Ahahahahahahaha] (Rikka)

kuhhhh..........

It was just a sad moment some time ago, and now I am currently being laughed at as we walked in the road by these girls. For some reason, my pride as a man wants to slap them, but my pride's other half does not allow me to do so because of morals and ethics and the good rules and conduct integrated into my head...

Jack, fuuuu, calm yourself down, embarrassing moments like this only pass by the moment. 

As soon as I get into a clothing and tailoring store, I will immediately buy plenty amount of ordinary clothes. 

After that...

What do I do?

.........

..........

..........

I honestly have no idea at all.

I looked at the excited faces of the girls...and then the idea about what needed to be done next may have been just my overthinking tendency.

[Yep, I should at least enjoy my life a little bit instead of thinking too far ahead]

[?? Is something in your mind?] (Nene)

[Ah nothing, nothing] And with that, the view of the city's busy atmosphere then greets us.

================================================================================

In the Inn and Diner somewhere in Miruzo City...

The atmosphere within the entire inn seems grim for someone to enjoy a meal, the food was warm, but the faces of the people eating in the diner aren't.

[Is there any news about them?] (??)

[No...nothing as of now. The adventurer's guild already dispatched silver-ranked adventurers to search, but no word from them is out by now] (??)

[Haaaah....the heck is happening] (??) The city folks who were eating at a table whispered as they chatted. They did not want to put more stress on the owner of the inn, who was currently experiencing the hardest time of her life.

In the kitchen...a woman is cutting vegetables, her movements were sluggish, and her hair was a mess. 

[Mary...] (??) 

[Huh? Ah....yes dear? What is...it?] (Mary) Her black hair swayed as she turned around to see who called her. 

[Are you okay? Should we close the diner temporarily? You don't look good at all] (??)

[Ah no, I am fine] (Mary) Her husband who is currently managing the inn is concerned about the mental health of his wife. 

He is as well just biding his feelings, swallowing them down as he needs to stay strong for her...and for their missing kids. 

Just a week ago, news about the disappearance of multiple girls spanned across the city. Among the missing ones were their children, who mysteriously vanished after school ended. He, along with other people who had their children gone missing filed a report at the adventurer's guild for a search team to find them......but no, no sort of that information reached their ears now.

[Just rest, okay? Our patrons understand what is going on] (??)

[But what about the Inn? I can't let it go down just because of me....ow!] (Mary) just now, she cut herself with the knife.

[See? That is what I am telling you, for now, let us treat that wound shall we?] (??)

[Ugh.....fine] (Mary) Not just them, not just her, but multiple families across the city, be it commoners, the rich merchants, the nobles...all of them are currently experiencing the same dilemma.

5 kids and all of them are girls. She already has a 20-year-old daughter who has now started assisting her in raising the other girls...and she hopes that her eldest daughter is staying strong at this moment.

[I just pray that they will find their way home...] (Mary)

[They will dear, they will] (??) They could only look at the sunset in the distance and the skies becoming dimmer by the second. Hope is there, and hope is not yet lost.

================================================================================

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

[As I said, we lost our belongings including our IDs. So can we have our identities checked as well as to check for any criminal record?] (Nene) We are quite in a predicament here.

I never asked about it, nor did they even tell me about it.

We actually need an ID to enter any place...

And I don't have it.