"So did you get your searchers license?" I asked, a bit sad he might not be able to join on the quest.

"No, since you ran away from me before we got to camp it doesn't count."

Now I feel sad about that, I was the reason why Grover didn't get his searchers license.

Side-quest: searchers license

Help Grover get his searchers license so he may find pan

Rewards:

Magical panpipes

3 spell books

1000 EXP

Failure:

Grover's disappointment

Eventual destruction of the wild

"Well, there's something extremely valuable that I'll need help finding, want to help?"

Grover took his eyes off of his half eaten meal in shock and looked at me.

"Wh-what?" grover muttered out bewildered.

"Grover, will you help me find the materbolt?"

Bloodlust has leveled up to level 2

You can sense someones killing intent from 20 meters away

Bloodlust has leveled up to level 3

You can sense someones killing intent from 25 meters away

Detecting bloodlust felt weird, it was like I could see what is behind me, but I could only see the person who wants to kill me, and that person is really blurry.

I turned to see who was there and I saw a white outline of a person wearing a baseball cap.

I turned to grover and said "how about you think about it, and come to Poseidon cabin in about an hour to tell me, i need to tell you something anyway."

I turned and walked away.

"Yes."

I turned to look at him, "I'll come with you on the quest." I smiled at him and continued my walk.

About an hour later while I was lying down on one of the beds in my cabin, Grover came in.

"Hey G-man."

"Hey perce."

"So what i wanted to tell you, it's about the quest." I said before looking around to see if Annabeth snuck into my cabin while I wasn't paying attention.

When I confirmed that we were alone I quietly said to grover. "I'm the champion of the fates."

Grover looked shocked and said "Percy, you shouldn't say something like that, if the fates knew that you lied about such a thing you wou-"

"Die? I know, and also, the fates know and control everything so if i said it in the first place they would allow it. Grover, I swear on the river Styx, I'm not lying to you, I really am the champion of the fates."

Thunder sounded in the distance, proving that I'm telling the truth and making Grover jump in fear, before almost fainting.

Before he fainted and hit the floor I quickly walked to him, grabbed him by the shirt, and slapped him until his half-way-fainted face turned into an I'M-AWAKE-STOP-SLAPPING-ME! Face

"B-b-but how, w-why?" grover stuttered, unable to fully grasp the concept.

Honestly I wasn't sure what to do. My plan was to invite him to the quest, tell him about the situations with the fates, and then invite him into the party. But he's so panicked that I doubt I could explain anything to him. Hades, I doubt I can ride a minotaur past him and he'd notice it.