Chapter 31

Everyone did well on the exams. I got first place, Cadmael got second and Diana got third. I was especially proud of beating the two leads and at the same time was proud of them for being in the top three. Alphonse got a pass mark which was all he wanted and Gilbert had surprisingly good marks thanks to all of Andrew's help.

Seeing this we decided to get some dinner to celebrate the end of the year and even invited Andrew in the heat of the moment. We went to the most expensive restaurant we could find on such short notice and couldn't stop laughing like children who were doing something bad and enjoying it fully.

Once we got our drinks Diana raised hers before saying:

"I propose a toast to our major of promotion! He never got less than first place and I wish that he never will in the future."

I felt really touched and uncomfortable at the same time. Everyone looked at me and complimented me before drinking. Then I quickly raised my glass too:

"Let's not forget everyone else. You all did so well on your exams and I am very proud of your results. Cadmael got second place."

Everyone cheered before drinking:

"Diana got third."

Another drink. Before I could finish my glass, Cadmael grabbed my wrist and looked me deep in the eyes as if wanting to make sure I was okay. I nodded and he let me go.

"Gilbert got amazing marks especially in biology."

Everyone refilled their glass, Andrew being the proudest of them all.

"Alphonse got his year too and got sixth place in math."

We didn't stop drinking and Gilbert was the first to notice it:

"Eschyle do you want to get us drunk?"

I laughed starting to see double. Cadmael immediately noticed that I wasn't fine and took my glass in silence. Seeing him do so irritated Diana:

"Give him his glass back. Eschyle is a grown adult. If he wants to drink then he can do whatever he wants."

Cadmael didn't seem to agree:

"He had way too much. He never drank more than two glasses before.

-He is having fun. If he isn't feeling well, then I'll take care of him. Until then let him do as he wishes.

-I'll be the one to take care of him."

I punched the table and everyone jumped. I couldn't feel my hands but judging by the sound it should have hurt:

"I don't need anyone to take care of me."

I pointed at Cadmael with a frown:

"He is the little child I raised. He was so weak just a few months ago and now he is all grown up."

Tears started flowing out of my eyes and I looked at my cheeks completely at a loss just like everyone else for that matter:

"Why are my eyes drowning?"

Cadmael raised his hand and gently rubbed my cheeks:

"Are you sad that I grew up?"

I cried even more and started punching Camdael's torso with all my might:

"You can't grow up. You were so cute when you followed me everywhere but what will I do if you are not a little duck anymore."

I cried so much that I didn't even know what I was saying:

"You can't leave me. You are my little duck."

In the distance I could hear someone laughing. I couldn't know but it was Gilbert. He was really satisfied by the turn of events and couldn't hold back. Fortunately, Andrew did his best to silence him while making sure that Gilbert wouldn't get hurt, of course. Diana and Alphonse on the other hand had eyes huge as turtles. They couldn't take their eyes off me while having no idea what was going on.