084. shenanigans in shanghai

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I'm coming with you, Brianna!" Alfred calls out.

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"We know you ran with a girl called Cat. She's in serious danger." I inquire.

"Who isn't, right?" Mackey replies. "Crazy world."

"How much?" Alfred takes out his wallet. "There's one hundred."

"Alright, listen. I don't know where Cat lives, alright?
She's...private about stuff like that. But...I heard that she got a new fence, cause her old one got popped He'd know where to find her."

"Who's the fence?" I wonder.

"I don't know. But I know who would know." Mackey tells me.

"Oh, yeah? Who's that?" I urge and he crosses his arms before Alfred places another hundred dollar bill down on the table, making me harshly slam my hands on the table. "Who's the fence?" I glare at him.

"Yo, ask Fish Mooney. She runs all the fences." He takes the money and I clench my jaw before leaving the room.

     •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Hello, all." Butch greets as we enter. "Busy day, Come back next year."

"Thief we're tracking down. Look familiar? Goes by Cat." I hold up Cat's mugshot.

"Nope."

"Maybe Fish knows her."

"Fish knows everyone. Fish is busy."

"She works with one of your fences, a new guy."

"What's a fence?"

"This is important. Where's Fish?" I questions.

"I told you, she's busy." Butch tells me.

"I once knew a fella called Butch. Yeah, he was a Whitechapel lad." Alfred speaks up. "Now, we called him Butch, you see, cause he wasn't. It was a wind-up.
It was like a joke name. In fact, he was a horrible little toe rag."

"What? I can't tell. Are—are you...are you threatening me? Is he threatening me?" He chuckles. "Yeah? You can't—" He's cut off as Alfred slams him down on the floor before pointing a knife at his throat. "Now, where is this Fish?"

"Maria?" I look around.

"Right here." Fish says and I see her standing on the stairs. "Brianna." She walks over to me. "Lovely to see you again." She grins at me. "So...what's the fuss?

"They're just fooling around. We're looking for this girl, a street thief, goes by Cat, works with one of your fences." I show her Cat's mugshot.

"Looks familiar. What's the urgency?"

"Professional killers are looking for her."

"Professionals, huh? This wouldn't be the Lovecraft witness, now would it?"

"How'd you know?"

"Streets talk. Using her to scare Lovecraft. She saw the Waynes' killer, supposedly."

"Yeah." I nod.

"Mm. And you're here because you want me to help you find her, don't you?" Fish inquires.