"She's hardly older than Bruce. She's just a kid who's seen too much." I tell him. "This is for her safety. GCPD is full of moles-"

"Right, and how long would you have us put her up, then?"

"I don't know."

"No. The answer is no. Her being here will put Master Bruce in great danger."

"Alfred." Bruce says.

"She is the witness to a murder, Master Bruce. You do understand that, don't you?" Alfred nods.

"She's also the best chance we have of finding who killed my parents. Isn't she?" He turns to me.

"Yes, she is." I nod.

"Then she can stay. As long as it takes." He nods back before hugging me. "Thank you." He squeezes me and I hug him back before he stands up. "I've made my decision."

"Yes, Master Bruce." Alfred nods as Bruce leaves.

"Look, I know this is a lot. But I'm doing everything I can. Jim, Montoya, Allen and I are meeting with an ADA they trust this afternoon." I walk over to Alfred.

"Oh...a trustworthy lawyer. In Gotham."

"Look, if we find this guy, we'll need her. She'll have to testify. Go before a judge. It won't be easy. Witnesses back out all the time. The ones that stick it out do so because they care about the victims."

"We'll do our best to be nice to her, then, won't we?"

"Be as nice as you were to me and my family. And by that, I mean just be yourself, Alfred."

       ──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Call." Mister Dent flips a coin into the air as we stop walking.

"Heads." The boy says.

"Walk away, kid. Somebody up there loves you."

"Hey, Harvey." Montoya calls out as we walk over to him.

"Go. Remember your promise." Mister Dent inquires and the boy walks off.

"Jim Gordon, GCPD. I hear good things about you, counselor." Jim shakes his hand. "My partner, Brianna Brady."

"Hi." I hold out my hand.

"Harvey Dent, likewise about you, Detective." Mister Dent shakes my hand. "You look a little young to be a detective. Ah." He looks at my badge. "Assisting?"

"Yep." I nod. "That was some trick with the coin. What if the kid guesses wrong? You gonna send him to jail?"

"Teenagers, they nearly always call heads. I don't know why. Two-headed coin. Whatever works, right?" He shows me the coin and we share a grin. "So what are you assisting these detectives with, Brianna?"

"The Wayne murders."

      •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"So who is he? Who really killed the Waynes?" Mister Dent wonders.

"This is what we have." I pull out the sketch and hand it to him. "No I.D."

"But this is from an eyewitness? That you have in safe custody."