fifty-nine

reader's pov

It's been awhile since we got back and the whole Soojin situation still hasn't blown over. The thought of Hui trying to get revenge for the whole fight when he's the one that stepped over the line clouds my head. My hand clenches into a fist as I scroll over recent news outlets about the lawsuit.

My phone and rings and I pick up.

"Hey, Dad."

"Hey, sweetie. So a little update on the situation, we've gotten word with the lawyers and they want to have an interview with you and Soojin... possibly also the rest of the girls since they were there," he says the final part a bit quieter.

I sigh before replying.

"Yeah, whatever they need. When are they coming here?" I ask him.

"Tomorrow. It's best to take care of this situation quickly because I don't want the girls to be over-stressed. I'm pretty sure you agree."

I nod as if he can see me.

"Okay, did you let Lee know so he can tell the girls?"

"Yes, don't worry. He told them awhile ago. Try not to stress too much. I won't let anything happen to you or the girls."

I sigh and thank him before bidding the man goodbye. I stand up from my desk before heading out with my keys. Grabbing my guitar, I walk to the elevator and head to the studio. As I'm walking down the hallway, I hear music from the piano room along with some laughing. The door is closed but from the voices, I can tell it's the girls.

I decide not to bother them as they might be filming a V-Live so I just continue walking down to my studio. The sight of my instruments fill my heart with joy already. I quickly walk to the couch and take my guitar out.

My fingers strum any melodies and my voice just emits whatever words are in mind. I switch here and there between instruments until I'm with a ukulele. A knock is on my door and I look over. I place my ukulele down before approaching the door.  

I immediately smile as I'm met with the face of my girlfriend. She's standing with her arms behind her back, swaying a little bit. My smile widens as I remember what's coming up in a few days. Our anniversary is gonna be special...

I reach out my hand and pull her into me, making her giggle as I crush her in a tight hug.

"Hello, beautiful. What are you doing here?" I ask against her hair.

"I heard you playing after me and Yuqi finished our V-Live. Just wanted to stop by."

I smile before caressing her waist.

"Just stop by..?" I tease and looks up with red cheeks.

"Yah!" she smacks my arm.

I steal a few kisses before carrying her to the couch. One of my hands intertwines with hers while the other caresses her cheek. She leans in and I accept the kiss, keeping her lips against mine for awhile.

"Lee Oppa talked to us awhile ago," she says after pulling away, a nervous look on her face. I breathe softly to calm her down and she leans into me.

"I know, my dad called me as well. How are you all? Soojin?" I ask her.

"This is scary. Soojin's not smiling as much. During practice yesterday, she barely talked."

I frown and rub my hand up and down Minnie's back to soothe her tense body.

"Should I talk to her? We can hold a meeting to clear things up. I don't want you girls to be stressed out anymore, especially after all the hard work you all have been putting into your careers. I'd be damned to let you girls be struck down by something that wasn't even any of your faults."