four

author's pov

Yuqi looks between Minnie and Y/N outside the door. Y/N meanwhile was shy about almost getting caught and she bows politely towards the member.

"Hello, I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you," she gives out her hand to Yuqi.

Yuqi shakes it gently before bowing and smiling as well. She introduced herself with a cute smile. Minnie smiled before whispering something in her ear and Yuqi understood before waving bye to Y/N.

"Y/N, I have to get back to practice now so I can rest later before final touches on recording our song," Minnie says to her with a sly sadness in her expression.

Y/N nodded before letting her get back but not before pulling her into a small but warm hug. Minnie was surprised before wrapping her arms around the girl's neck. They back away and Y/N wishes her good luck before leaving.

Minnie sighed as her cheeks blushed and she went back inside the dance room.

"Omo! Unnie! Who was that?? She's so pretty and cute, oh my god!" Yuqi squeals, wrapping her arms around Minnie's.

"She's someone I met when I went to the cafe yesterday," Minnie says.

Yuqi starts teasing her, poking her blushing cheeks.

"Y'all looked cute together you know? Please tell me you at least got her number," Yuqi excitedly asks her member.

Soyeon, however, looks at them before asking Minnie.

"Who's number?"

Minnie looked at her nervously as she stuttered.

"Uh- Uhmm... just someone I ran into from school after a long time.." she said in a scared voice.

Soyeon noticed the concern in her voice so she sighed before calmly walking to her member.

"Unnie, don't worry. I'm not upset, you can tell me the truth," she tells her.

Minnie sighed before admitting she was out late the night before and she suddenly met Y/N. Soyeon smiled before patting her back.

"Look, whatever you do with her, just make sure no one sees it. I don't want you getting in trouble," Soyeon says.

Minnie nods and they all get back to finishing their practice.

reader's pov

I walked out the elevator back up to Dad's floor. I see Ms. Jeon and I bow at her.

"Hey, Ms. Jeon. Sorry for what you saw earlier, I just didn't want Minnie getting in trouble," I said while I looked down embarrassed.

"Miss Y/N, don't worry. I won't tell your father anything. Thank you for considering Minnie though, her and the girls are getting ready for their debut and I'm so proud of them. I'd do anything not to jeopardize their dreams," she says back to me in a gentle smile.

I sigh in relief before telling her that I met Minnie at the cafe the night before and she looked at me understandingly. I walk into Dad's office before getting a call from him. I answer.

"Hey, Dad," I say.

"Hey, sweetie! I'm coming back now, did everything go well? Did you see the studio?" he excitedly asks me.

I laugh before replying.

"It went well, Dad. And no, I didn't see it yet, I wanted to wait for you," I told him, hiding the fact that I got too distracted with Minnie to continue my tour.

"Ah, okay. I'm close by now, honey. I'll take you around," he says.

We talk for a bit before he hangs up.