thirty-six

reader's pov

The music blares as the girls perform an intro dance. My eyes widen as I've never seen them perform the routine. 

"When did they prepare this dance??" I ask Lee.

"Oh, they did it throughout the whole week last week. You didn't know?"

They must've prepared it whenever I wasn't with them.. this is amazing.

The fans start screaming for the girls as Soyeon starts off the song. I smile as the camera pans onto their faces. Lee and the staff start cheering and I clap with them. Minnie's voice comes on and my heart starts racing. God, she's breathtaking..

The cheers get louder once they get to the bridge. The beat drops and Soojin's line comes.

"Nuga mwo geobna?"

"LET'S GO!!!" we hype them up.

The dance break begins and the room erupts in cheers. Every fan in the building can break glasses due to how loud they're cheering. I smile and tear up a little as I witness the effect they've add in Korea within a few days of their video coming out.

Someone knocks on the door and in comes the cake I ordered for the girls.

"Thank you so much!"

We set it down and the song ends. The camera pans over their faces and I can't help the lone tear falling down my cheek as I hear all the fans screaming and cheering for them. They bow to the audience and wave before walking off stage. I quickly like the candles and we hear footsteps in the hallway. I instruct a staff member to turn off the lights and we wait silently.

The door opens and the girls walk in. I can hear their confused murmurs and as I'm coming out of the corner, I hold out the cake and yell.

"CONGRATULATIONS, IDLE!!!" The girls scream as they see me behind the candles.

The rest of the staff start clapping and cheering before I ask the girls to come blow out the candles.

"Okay, girls. Make a wish.." They close their eyes and together, they blow out the candles in unison.

"Let's welcome the newest and in-coming legendary idols of the 4th generation.. (G)I-DLE!!" Lee yells and everyone cheers.

The staff turn on the lights and I see Minnie first. She's crying and I hand the candle over to Lee. I bring her into my arms and she sobs on my shoulder.

"You did it, baby. Just like you were destined to... you girls owned the stage," I whisper into her ear.

"I love you so much.." she whispers back and I give her a quick kiss on her temple.

"I love you more, baby."

We part and I go hug the other girls. Yuqi is tearing up and I talk to her in a baby voice.

"Aww, cutie. You girls did it! Unnie's proud of you!" she hugs me tighter and pulls away while smiling. Her tears glistened and I pout at how adorable she looks.

Soojin comes to my arms next and I can feel her giggling shyly.

"See? Told you you'd do well. If you saw what I saw, you would've lost your vocal chords from cheering so much!"

She pulls away and smiles shyly. Her lips tremble a little and she wipes her eye quickly. I smile softly and pull her back in.

"Come here, Jin-ah. You did it. I'm so proud of you.." I whisper against her hair.

"Hehe, I couldn't have done it without you.."

"I beg to differ. Even if I don't reassure you, you would've killed it!!"