fifty-six

reader's pov

I finished my food fairly quickly in order to focus on updates. My phone buzzes and I read the latest update.

'CUBE Faces Lawsuit from One Of Its Own K-Pop Idols'

I groan and rub my forehead before sending the article to Lee. He raises his phone and looks at me. I shake my head and he takes a gentle breath.

to: mana-Lee

the girls look like
they're almost done.
we'll have to leave
around tonight.

fr: mana-Lee

you're right. all
my stuff's packed
already. we'll head
back after they finish.

I put my phone down and nod at him. He nods back and continues eating. I feel a hand on my lap and look over at Minnie. Her eyes are full of worry that I can't help but offer her a loving smile.

"Let me head to the bathroom first," I whisper to her, hinting with my eyes to follow me.

Once I get inside the bathroom, I lean onto the counter before splashing some water on my face. The door beeps, signaling someone has entered the bathroom. Looking over, I see Minnie with sad eyes. I smile and open my arms.

She steps into my hold and wraps her arms around my torso, leaning her head onto my chest. My hand makes its way up to the back of her head as I place a kiss onto her temple. Her head looks up and her eyes are glossy.

"Shh shh, don't cry. I'm okay, baby." Her lips quiver and I hug her tighter.

"Y-You've been... going through a lot this month. Now this. I feel like you c-can't get a break." She softly sobs on my chest. I smile at what she says and make her face me.

"It's my job to make sure you girls are okay, even if it means juggling many responsibilities at the same time. Don't worry if I seem stressed. It's normal." Minnie pouts and I chuckle. She reaches up and lands her lips on mine.

I smile into the kiss and she deepens it, moving her arms up to my neck. My hands rub her waist and she lets out a quiet moan.

"I love you," she whispers against my lips. I pull her back into another kiss before taking a breath.

"And I love you, baby. So much." I bring her into another hug after wiping her eyes.

"Let's go finish eating before heading back. The sooner we pack, the better."

We leave the bathroom and I follow behind her. The girls look at us and I notice their concerned eyes. I smile and get back in my seat. Minnie continues eating silently. She stays quiet for the rest of the meal until they all finish. I sigh and caress her back without anyone noticing.

She looks over at me and gives me a small smile. I nod at her to continue eating and we wait for the rest of the girls. They all finish after 20 minutes and we pay.

"Thank you for the meal. It was amazing," I thank the waiters who smile and thank me back.

We leave the restaurant and Lee dashes for the van. I open the door for the girls. Minnie is last and she grabs my arm, making me look at her.

"Can you sit with me?" she asks softly and I can't say no to her. Luckily enough, the van is spacious. I help her step up to the van and I follow suit, patting Lee on the shoulder while I get in.

"Minnie wants me to sit with her. You okay with that?" I whisper and he nods.

"Oh? You're not sitting at the front, Unnie?" Yuqi asks me.

"I wanted to sit with her," Minnie says.

"Shotgun!" the maknaes yell and argue about who gets to sit at the front.

"No fighting, girls. Just play Rock Paper Scissors," I tell them and they do. Shuhua ends up winning and Yuqi pouts. I pat her head with a chuckle.

"Don't worry, you can go in front once we get back home."

I sit down next to Minnie at the back of the van. The other girls opted to sit at the front seats to give us some space. I silently thank them while bringing Minnie into my arms. She leans with her back against my chest while grabbing a blanket. She places it onto her legs and I hug her from behind.

Kissing her cheek, I rub her arms up and down to warm her up.

"Too cold, beautiful?" I mumble against her ear and she nods. I hug her tighter and leave more kisses on her skin.

"How was the filming? You girls have fun?" I whisper and she looks up at me before nodding.

"We saw seals playing. They were so cute." Her eyes start to close and I chuckle at how cute she is. I caress her hair and lean down to give a long kiss on her lips. I feel her lips start to kiss back, making me smile.

"Mm... I love you," she whispers against my lips. I smile and give another peck. The van finally stops as we arrive back to the house and the girls rush inside.

Minnie rubs her eyes and I carry her into the room.

Me and Minnie pack belongings before heading out to the living room. Only Lee is finished packing and I place my suitcase next to him.

"You get any updates?" I ask him and he shakes his head.

"When we get home, I'm gonna talk to the board and then contact our lawyer. What's best is we don't let the girls find out about this, especially Soojin," he whispers as we hear the girls coming down the hallway.

I stand up from the couch and get a glass of water and I see Minnie looking in the fridge. I sneak up behind her and my arms wrap around her waist. She jumps a little before relaxing and I kiss her shoulder.

"You hungry?" She sighs and nods. I caress her arms before backing up.

After a couple more minutes, the girls came to the living room.

"I just got word that the terminal is scheduling the plane to come by in four hours. We have to leave now to beat traffic to the airport. Everyone have everything?" Lee asks and we all nod. I walk up to him and grab his keys, laughing when he rolls his eyes.

I help the girls bring their bags out and packing up the van before getting in the driver's seat. After some back and forth whining, Lee let me drive the van. Minnie got a bit sad that I was at the front but I needed Lee at the front with me as well.

The drive wasn't too bad and we arrived at the terminal. We rode in 2 cars to the plane and the staff helped carry our bags into the jet. Minnie leads me to the back of the plane to our room and I smile when she hugs me. I caress her hair, placing a soft kiss on her temple.

She pulls her head away from my chest before leaning up to kiss me. Her lips move against mine and I'm addicted.

She pulls me to the bed and I carefully lay her down onto the sheets. Our lips stay together while I softly rub her cheek with my thumb. I pull away for a few seconds and open my eyes to find her smiling up at me, making my lips curve.

I tilt my head and raise my brows.

"What was that?" I asked her gently and she shrugged while giggling. I shake my head and lean down, capturing her lips again.

After a light makeout for a few minutes, we cuddle up and sleep for awhile.