Chapter 22: Kion's Anger

Kion woke up the next morning, his nightmare/dream still haunting him. There were many things to worry about. Rani having cubs, Kion turning back into a psychopath, and hurting Rani.

Kion quietly snuck away from Rani, and walked outside. The wind ruffled through Kion's mane, and this relaxed him a little.

Rani smiles as she dreamed. She had a dream that her and Kion had two cubs. Suddenly, Rani felt cold. She opened her eyes and realized Kion was gone. Rani stood up and walked out to look for Kion.

Rani didn't have to go far. She crashed right into Kion. He was right outside the tree.

Kion whipped his head around. He sighed as it was just Rani. "Hi Kion," Rani smiled. "Morning," Kion replied and looked back at the sky.

"How did you sleep?" Rani asked walked next to him. "Fine," Kion replied not looking at her. "Kion are you ok?" Rani asked. "Yep."

Rani was confused. Kion was only answering her questions with one word. "You sure?" Rani asked. "Positive," Kion replied. He wasn't looking at her.

"What do you want to do today?" Rani asked. Kion shrugged. Rani pushed him. Kion stumbled to the side. "What is wrong with you! Why aren't you talking to me!" Rani asked aggressively.

Kion finally looked at Rani. "Sorry," Kion said. "Stop giving one word answers! I'm trying to have a conversation with you!" Rani shouted. "Ok," Kion shrugged. Rani pinned him down.

"Kion what is wrong?" Rani asked calmly. "Nothing," Kion pushed Rani off him and sat up. "Answer me, please," Rani begged. "IM FINE RANI! EVERYTHING IS PERFECT! NOTHING IS WRONG!" Kion shouted.

Rani backed away in fear. Kion growled and walked off. Rani stood there, scared and shocked. She ran after him.

"Kion!" She yelled. "Kion!" Kion turned around and pinned Rani to the ground. He held his paw to her neck. "Stop talking to me! I told you everything was fine!" Kion growled. Rani had fear in her eyes.

Kion let go of Rani. "Kion, you can tell me anything, you know that," Rani said calmly. Kion's guard shut down, and he started crying.

"Oh Kion," Rani hugged him. "I-I had a dream last night! We had two cubs, but t-then I attacked them and killed them. You tried to stop me but I threw you against a wall!" Kion cried into Rani's shoulder.

"Kion, you could never hurt me," Rani said calmly. "But I did! And I hurt the cubs! We might not have them yet, but I still hurt them!" Kion cried.

"Kion?" Rani asked. Kion looked up from her shoulder. "Do you want to be a dad?" Rani asked. "I-I don't know," Kion sighed and wiped away his tears. Rani looked deep into his amber eyes.

"Kion, I'm pregnant," Rani smiled. "WHAT!" Kion shouted. Rani nodded. "B-But you can't be! Im not ready! I can't be a dad!" Kion shouted. Rani was shocked at what he was saying.

"Aren't you happy?" Rani asked. "No! I'm not! After my dream, I don't want cubs! I don't want to hurt them!" Kion growled. Rani started crying, "I'll leave you alone." Rani left.

Kion stood there growling. He started clawing at himself, making blood go everywhere. "How! Why did I get her pregnant!" Kion shouted. He growled in anger. "Those cubs must die."