Chapter 21: To Soon

Rani woke up before Kion. She couldn't believe that he once was a psychopath. He doesn't even seem like it anymore. Rani nuzzled him.

"Morning Rani," Kion stretched. "Morning Kion," Rani smiled. "How was your night?" Kion asked. "Good," Rani licked his cheek. "Alright, what are we doing today?" Kion asked.

"Well, I thought we could have some alone time," Rani said. Kion raised an eyebrow. "Like go on a walk or something," Rani said. "Sounds fun, let's do it," Kion smiled.

Rani and Kion walked out. As they walked by dens, the moms of all different animals shoed their kids inside. "It's the killer, hide!" They would shout. Kion sighed. Rani nuzzled him, "Just give it time."

Rani led Kion to a cave. "What's this place?" Kion asked. "It's my hideout, where I hide from the world and focus on myself," Rani said.

"Perfect place for it," Kion looked around. "Maybe you can use it too," Rani suggested. Kion looked at her confused. "You can come here and help get away from the world," Rani said.

"Oh thanks Rani," Kion smiled. Rani pinned him down, and nuzzled him. Kion nuzzled her back. "Want to have some fun?" Rani asked with a smirk. Kion pushed Rani off him.

"Woah Rani! That is way to soon," Kion said. "Worth a try," Rani shrugged. "Now let's do royal duties," Kion said sternly. Rani sighed and walked out.

After what happened in the den, Kion kept a distance from Rani. They arrived at the swamps. Foxes were sinking in the mud.

"I'll help you," Kion offered. "Please don't kill us!" The foxes shouted. "Ugh," Kion rolled his eye's.

Kion used his teeth, and grabbed the fox The fox shreaked in fear. Kion set him safely on the ground. Kion then grabbed the other 3 and put them on the ground.

The foxes were shocked. They ran up and hugged Kion's legs. "Thank you!" They shreaked. "Your welcome," Kion smiled. The foxes ran away.

Kion looked at Rani. She had a smirk on her face, "Told ya so." "Yes you were right," Kion chuckled. "Now what do you want to do?" Rani asked.

"Take a break by the lake," Kion replied. Rani nodded. They walked to the lake.

"Kion, do you want cubs?" Rani asked. "No, I'm afraid I'll hurt them," Kion replied. Rani sighed. "Why?" Kion asked. "Because I want cubs," Rani said. "Oh," Kion looked ahead. "So where does that leave us?" Rani asked.

"I don't know," Kion replied. They layed down by the lake. Rani sighed and stared at the water. Kion rested his head on his paws.
Rani and Kion didn't talk to each other.

Kion drifted off to sleep. In his dream, he was shocked at what he saw.

Kion's Dream:

Kion was laying with Rani. They were happy. Then Kion's dream changed. Rani was standing, and two cubs were running around her. Kion walked up and nuzzled Rani. Then Kion's dream took a dark turn. Kion stalked closer to his cubs, a look of murder in his eyes. Kion lunged forward and
clawed and bit at them. Rani was trying to stop him, but Kion threw Rani against the wall. Kion bit into the cubs necks, and killed them.

Kion jolted awake. He looked around, Rani was sleeping peacefully beside him. "It's was just a dream Kion," Kion assured himself. Kion went back to sleep.