yeonjun leaned against the door frame, his arms crossed. "what the hell do you think you were doing? you are rank 1000, know your place. you can't just walk into the student council room as and when you wish. are you taking me for a fool? we both are nothing but two students with extreme ranks, i don't know where the sense of familiarity comes from. i have a reputation in this school to maintain and i'm not going to let it get tarnished because of some random whim of yours---"

before yeonjun could continue, soobin spoke. the playfulness from earlier was gone, and now soobin had gone completely serious. 

"your world, this entire business, and internal politics is something i don't get. and even if you teach me everything about it, even if i'm good at deceiving and lying, i still don't think i'd ever be able to fit in. and even on the first day of school, i realized the difference between both of us. you were an authoritative and important figure in the school and me? just a nobody. but thanks to you, i rose up to rank 7 within the first week. so i guess i really didn't get to experience rock bottom until now. being rank 7, i was able to be close to you and see, what i believe, is the real you. i don't know, i feel like some part of me thought that that time would be permanent but when i suddenly found myself at rank 1000, it was scary. 

the yeonjun i knew and the yeonjun knew were different. i feel like the second i reached rank 1000, i saw the yeonjun everyone was scared off. i mean, isn't that a given? it's like being an ant, staring a big, tall in front of you. that's how i felt. 

i know that pushing you off, based on solely ranks was probably the most insane thing to do and that means i was no different from everyone else. but i just couldn't help it. 

with such a big gap between us, i wondered if it was even correct for me to have feelings for you"

yeonjun looked at soobin but he wasn't even looking at yeonjun. ugh, from that time. from that time, all soobin has been doing is annoy yeonjun. 

yeonjun walked towards soobin and slapped him. the sound resonated across the room. soobin looked up at yeonjun, surprised. 

"it's all about you, huh. so fcking selfish. you say you were able to get close to me and see the real me, but don't you think the only reason you got to see it is because i showed it you? you're driving me crazy, soobin. first, you approach me and speak to me as if our ranks make no difference to you, you make some crazy request of having a kiss as a prize, you keep flirting with me and then all of a sudden, ranks matter to you? ARE YOU STUPID?! where's my say in all this? you're just doing whatever you like and justifying your actions to me. you do realize you've haven't even apologized to me yet? i'm bad with human relationships and i'm aware of it but even i'm not dumb enough to not know that you owe me an apology. 

fine, be it your way. if you're going to do things without even taking me into consideration, even i'm going to the same thing."

yeonjun grabbed soobin's collar and pulled him closer to yeonjun. without even giving soobin time to react, yeonjun crashed his lips onto soobin's, kissing him. soobin froze for a second but recovered instantly. putting one arm on yeonjun's waist, he raised his other arm and grabbed yeonjun's hair, pulling him even closer, if that was possible. soobin could feel yeonjun's heat, radiating from every part of his body. fck, this was driving him nuts. 

none of them wanted to pull away, scared of what would come after this but yeonjun was the first one to pull away, gasping for air. he stared at soobin in front of him, all hot and heavy. yeonjun flushed. all hot and heavy because of yeonjun. 

"h-hah. see? you always do whatever you want, so i did whatever i wanted. anyways..." said yeonjun, adjusting his crumpled shirt. "i need to return to the student council room. don't approach me ever aga--"

soobin grabbed yeonjun's hand. "i love you."

yeonjun didn't complete his sentence, his jaw dropped. "w-w-w-w-w-w-wHAT?"

soobin ran his other hand through his hair, still holding onto yeonjun's hand. "what are you getting so shocked for? i thought it was obvious?"

yeonjun yanked his hand away from soobin and turned to face him. "obvious? HOW THE FCK? i mean, i thought you were merely attracted to me..." yeonjun trailed off. 

soobin let out a dry laugh. "attracted to you? sure as hell am. but that's not it, yeonjun. i'm crazy for you."

yeonjun turned bright red. he really didn't expect things to turn out like this. he was giddy beyond reason but he didn't want to show it. if he showed it, it meant he lost. 

"don't you have something else to say?" asked yeonjun. 

soobin thought for a second and his eyes widened. "i-i'm really sorry! fck, for everything. i'm really sorry. i mean, i'm not sorry about being in love with you though."

yeonjun could feel his heartbeat increasing. oh dear, what should he do? he felt incredibly happy but he had to keep a calm face. 

"oh no, what should i do? but i don't love you, though?"

hah, now yeonjun could see the peak devastation on soobin's face. bwahahaha. 

much to yeonjun's surprise, soobin merely smiled. "who was the one who kissed me so eagerly a second ago? and i did hear someone telling their brother how much they loved me..."

yeonjun turned bright red. "YOU FCKER. YOU HEARD THAT."

soobin : 5 

yeonjun : 0 

----------------------------------------------------

"i don't think yeonjun-hyung will be coming back anytime soon." said beomgyu, his internal thoughts going haywire. he hoped things between yeonjun and soobin were resolved. "so, you all are free to go home, even though it's early. 

the members all showed signs of relief. happy that they don't have to see yeonjun before they leave or else who knows, they might have to deal with his wrath. 

beomgyu stayed in the room, as he watched all the members slowly leave. everyone left but only remained. 

beomgyu rolled his eyes, no idea what taehyun was up to. well, if taehyun wanted to sit there and look solemn, who was beomgyu to interrupt him? 

beomgyu strung his bag across his shoulder and was about to leave when he felt someone grab his hand. 

taehyun looked at beomgyu, desperation in his eyes. "can i talk to you? please? just give me 5 minutes of your time?"

"if it's an apology, i don't want to it."

taehyun clutched onto beomgyu even harder. "i won't apologize but at least, please, hear me out. 

beomgyu sighed. after all, he was still weak toward taehyun. 

----------------------------------------- 

AND...WOW SURPRISE UPDATE. i felt bad leaving yall on that cliffhanger for new year's eve so here is my ACTUAL last update for the year and this update was quite a happy one, right? no angst on new year's eve, not on my watch ehe 

keep reading, commenting and voting 

love, 

pixiedust!

shinsen high school | yeonbinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें